Chapter Eighteen: Date Night

RACHEL

You'd been back in London a few days since Brighton and you were already missing the seaside. Chris had decided that tonight would be date night and for it to work I was evicted from the flat until this evening; I didn't want to know what took a guy all day to prepare for. We'd had dates before, casual dates that didn't require much effort other than cuddling in front of Netflix or playing Xbox. I'd tried and failed to get information out of Dan and Phil, they normally broke easily but on this one they decided for once to keep quiet.

Because I had nothing to do until this evening I somehow managed to persuade Phil to go shopping with me in town to keep me occupied, this shocked Dan who refused to leave his browsing position. We were currently sitting in Starbucks which Phil had insisted on buying because he was a gem and I was very good at getting free stuff off of my friends.

"How are you and Chris Rachel?"

Phil's question took me a little by surprise; after all we'd just been talking about Game of Thrones and whether or not dragons would listen to us. I nearly choked on my coffee but stopped myself.

"Err Phil, why the personal question? Not that I mind or anything but it was a little off subject."

Phil scratched his head before answering.

"After the Amber incident I know you and him made up in Brighton, but Dan and I don't want to see you hurt again. We love Chris but you're like a little sister to me."

"Ah Phillip, come here you big softy."

I scooted off the sofa I was sitting on and slid next to Phil before wrapping my arms around his shoulders and squeezing him tight. Phil chuckled, probably slightly embarrassed since people were most likely watching us.

"Rachel, people are watching."

I released Phil and shrugged my shoulders before straightening my glasses.

"Who cares? I love you too Phil. You're like the best big brother anyone could ask for. Fans are probably well jealous of me right now."

"Let's take a selfie."

Phil took his phone out and I quickly primped my hair which I'd curled this morning before Chris kicked me out. We posed like two idiots and took around ten photos, each one progressively worse than the last. I chose the ones I liked and Phil sent them to me before he uploaded a couple onto Instagram and Tumblr.

"Prepare for the fanfics Phillip, there will be about five of them about us before the day is done."

Phil shook his head, he knew all too well about the murky world of fanfiction. Phan was very popular much to Dan and Phil's dislike; they just happened to have very dedicated fans who liked making up heartfelt and sometimes disturbing and not kid friendly stories about their idols.

After the Starbucks we browsed some of the bigger shops on Oxford Circus before Phil got swamped by fans and we decided to keep to the smaller shops away from lots of people. I still couldn't get over the fact that someone said Phil and I would be cute together and they shipped us. Phil went red as a tomato while I stood speechless before I composed myself and signed her phone case of all things, I nudged Phil who snapped out of his trance and also signed it for the eager fan.

I was back at Dan and Phil's and Dan instructed me to wear something nice for tonight. Chris really was going all out for this date. So I found myself sat in front of Dan's bedroom mirror as he straightened my hair, he offered and Phil was more than happy to mock him and film some of it. I told Phil he could do my nails if he wanted and that shut him up before he scurried out of the bedroom, Dan high fived me without so much as burning my neck. This boy had some skills.