Chapter Twelve: Brighton & Board Games Pt.1

RACHEL

I packed in silence and Chris didn't question me once. He seemed too excited by the prospect of spending time with his best friend who he hardly ever saw. I tried to talk my way out of going once I got into the flat but Chris stated that PJ had also invited me and that now I was part of their friendship group so we'd be going to Brighton together. I admitted defeat and excused myself to start packing.

"Are you nearly done Rachel? We have to leave soon."

Chris popped his head around the bedroom door and I couldn't help but chuckle by his messy appearance. His hair was all over the place and his glasses were falling off his nose. I shuffled over and straightened his glasses before attempting to flatten the hair, Chris tried to swat my hand away but I had some strength.

"Chris, how does your hair get so messy?"

He shrugged his shoulders and leant down planting a kiss on my nose before walking away from me. I gasped as he ran his hands through his hair again messing it up. I picked up a nearby cushion and threw it at the back of his head; Chris turned around and smirked at me before picking up the discarded cushion. My eyes went wide as he took a step towards me.

"Don't you even think about it Christopher."

I ran back into the bedroom and tried to find something else to defend myself with. But before I could pick up a pillow from the bed something soft came down hard on my head causing me stumble and fall face first onto the bed. I rolled over and scurried backwards until my head hit the headboard and I was trapped.

"We could always skip the trip."

Chris crawled onto the bed and positioned himself on top of me resting his arms either side of my head. I shouldn't want to kiss him after the bombshell Amber dropped but there was something that Chris did unintentionally that drew me in every time. He captured my lips and a small moan escaped my lips, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and pulled him closer.

On the table Chris's phone vibrated which pulled us out of our make out session. Chris groaned and pushed himself off me and grabbed the phone. I took the opportunity to slide from underneath him and trot into the ensuite to fix my hair and makeup. It wasn't that messed up which I was thankful for, I just had to reapply my lipstick and I was ready to go.

"Dan and Phil are heading to the station now. We should head off to."

I nodded at Chris in the mirror as he stood in the doorway behind me. He scratched his head and walked away. I took a couple of deep breaths and plastered on a smile.

CHRIS

Rachel had been acting odd since she came back from town, had I done something wrong? Well I knew had done something, because I kissed Amber which was technically cheating and I didn't have the balls to confess to Rachel because I didn't want to lose her. I was a coward and if I didn't find a way to tell her soon then the truth would eventually come out and Rachel would be hurt and embarrassed.

"Stop daydreaming Chris."

Rachel poked me in the side as she swung her bag over her shoulder. This trip to Brighton might just be what we needed to forget London for a couple of days. I poked her back playfully and ushered her out of the flat, she went ahead and pressed the lift button. A cough drew my attention to the flat opposite us where Amber stood beaming in the doorway. She raised a single eyebrow and smirked before closing the door behind her. What was she up to?

PHIL

Dan and I arrived at the station a few minutes before Chris and Rachel. At this time we didn't see any fans which was a relief, we didn't need them knowing that we were going to Brighton because word would get out and we would be swamped. It had happened in the past and PJ didn't want a repeat.