Chapter Six: Secrets!

RACHEL

Dan and Phil had invited Chris and me over to theirs to film a few videos. PJ was also coming up from Brighton which I was happy about, we'd Skyped but it wasn't the same as talking to someone face to face. Chris and I received mixed comments on our twenty question videos, half of his fans liked shipping us while the other half called me some quite colourful names. Whereas my fans were just happy that I wasn't moaning about being single anymore, though I told them that Chris and I were just friends but they didn't believe me.

Out of all the boys I'd grown closest to Dan, Phil was like my brother and treated me like a little sister and well Chris was Chris. Since he caught me and Dan and I on top of each other he'd kept his distance from me, we only spoke when we needed to. Did I still have feelings for Chris? The way he was acting by pushing me away was putting me off him.

"Welcome to our humble abode, come on in guys."

Phil motioned for Chris and I to enter the flat, I'd never been here before so I let Chris lead the way. Phil put a hand on my shoulder and squeezed it; Chris ignored us and continued walking up the stairs. Phil leant down so he was on my height.

"How are you and Chris?"

I shrugged my shoulders, to be honest I had no clue and that bothered me more than it should.

"We talk when we need to. He's pushing me away Phil, I don't know how to feel. Why did he get so annoyed with Dan and me?  You know him better than me."

Phil shuffled uncomfortably at the bottom of the stairs; there was something he wasn't telling me. What was he keeping from me? I thought we were friends, and friends don't keep secrets. Just then another knock came at the door, Phil opened the door and PJ entered. He looked between the two of us and smirked.

"Is this a hallway party or something?"

I cracked a smile and hugged PJ while Phil stood back and shook his head in PJ's direction.

"Peej, long time and it's a hallway party now that you're here."

I pulled away and he chuckled. His laugh sent shivers down my spine. I was so conflicted between Dan and Chris that I hadn't really considered any feelings towards PJ. Behind us Phil cleared his throat.

"We better head up before Dan sends out a search party."

Oh Phil wasn't getting off that easily, I grabbed his top and stopped him from moving. PJ stopped on the stairs and turned around before raising his eyebrows in my direction.

"Have I missed something?"

Phil shook his head at the same time I nodded.

"Phil won't tell me what's up with Chris and Dan. Dan and I tickled each other and ended up on top of each other on the floor at Chris's, and now Chris is pushing me away."

PJ

Oh crap, those weren't the words I expected to come from her lips. So Chris was acting strange around her because she and Dan got close once. This couldn't be happening again, Phil and I didn't need to live through that drama all over again.

"Phil just tell her, it's probably for the best that she knows what she's getting into."

Rachel looked up at me with hurt in her eyes, now she knew that I was also keeping something from her. I bowed my head and heard Phil sigh loudly, maybe if Rachel knew about Dan and Chris's past then she could stop it from repeating itself.

RACHEL

PJ couldn't even look me in the eye, was it that bad? I just wanted to know, we're all friends and I don't want any secrets between us. I know they are close knit, the fantastic foursome was infamous on YouTube, I didn't ever want to come between them in any shape or form.