Chapter One: Rachel Watts

RACHEL

"Guys and girls that was my attempt at the TMI tag, I hope all my little watts have learnt something new about me. Don't forget to give this video a big thumbs up, all my social media is below and while you're down there don't forget to subscribe because there's nothing stopping you. Goodbye."

I ended the video with my signature and way overused hand over the camera effect. I shook my head and chuckled at myself before dragging and dropping my end title card into Final Cut. It had a link to my last video and vlog as well as telling people again to subscribe for weekly awesomeness.

My name for all of you who don't know me is Rachel Ann Watts but everyone either calls me Rae or Watts, I'm 23 years old and I live in London. My dream job was to be a journalist or at least a reviewer in a big publication; I studied English and Film Studies. However no one ever tells you until your final year that you're never really going to get your dream job.

Some people on my course ended up with internships at the BBC and even The Daily Mail but my CV wasn't as impressive as there's so I was never selected. Back to me, I'm 5'4 so pretty small, I have green eyes and auburn hair that falls just below my chest. I'm not ugly but I'm also not perfect, give me sweats and no makeup over heels and makeup any day.

I started my YouTube channel 'Rachel Watts' before university but it wasn't until my filming and editing got better that it actually kicked off. I have a nice loyal 80,000 subscribers and I'm content with that. I managed to go through university without anyone knowing what I did online.

I did a mixture of videos from reviews to advice, tags, hauls and the occasional gaming video. I'm a nerdy gamer at heart.

To pay the bills I work in a tiny bookshop hidden away from the crowds just off of Covent Garden. Of course I get some money off my videos but not enough to survive in London. I love my job because I'm the only employee, the old lady who owns the place treats me like one of her daughters.

She loved my passion for books and my eagerness to work. She always wanted her daughters to run the bookshop but they had other plans. We were rarely busy which left me with a lot of free time, which I normally spent browsing Tumblr or playing Candy Crush.

When I woke up this morning I thought today was going to be another plain boring uneventful day, but about half an hour before closing time just as I finished uploading my TMI video did my day suddenly become eventful.

Although the shop was off the main street you could still hear things. I could have sworn that I heard screaming, that was normally followed by something bad. I got up off my stool pushing my laptop to the side before making my way towards the door. I would take a quick peep outside and if something bad was happening I'd lock up shop.

I opened the door and took a step outside onto the cobble pavement. I looked right and saw nothing but then the screaming grew louder and I decided to look to my left. Then I saw four boys running towards me as if their lives depended on it. I took a step back into the doorway as they ran past.

I didn't catch their faces and quite frankly I didn't really care that much.

"Err excuse me miss. Hello."

Someone was snapping their fingers in front of my face, I really hated when people did that. I was about to curse them out when my eyes focused and the curse died in my throat. I couldn't believe who was stood in front of me, the one and only Dan Howell or as he's known on the internet Danisnotonfire.

"Is this your shop?"

Oh good golly miss dolly this was not happening to me. A black haired boy pushed his way in front of Dan, my little fan girl heart was going into cardiac arrest. Phil Lester or AmazingPhil as he's known on YouTube was also standing in front of me.