Chapter 4 - THE PSYCHIATRIST

Over the next couple of weeks, Roland settled in very well in the house. Fanny and Quentin liked having their old childhood friend around and Anne, Julian, and Dick really liked him and even called him Uncle Roland. George still didn't like him and resented his presence in the house. She was angry and bitter about Timmy being in the garden. It caused a lot of friction in the house. 

George and Julian remained grounded and Quentin and Fanny remained concerned about George wanting to be a boy so they made an appointment for her to see a psychiatrist.

On the day of the meeting with the psychiatrist, George was being very difficult and refused to go

''I don't want to see some stupid psychiatrist, I told you already'' she moaned

''You are seeing him and that's final'' her father told her 

Quentin, Roland, Anne, and Dick were going out for the day to a theme park on the same day that George had the appointment. Roland was paying for it as a treat for them all and Anne and Dick were beside themselves with excitement. Fanny was happy to stay home to supervise George and Julian and take George to the appointment because she hated theme parks anyway. Julian had been very upset about not being allowed to go and had practically gotten on his knees to beg his parents to let him go. But they wouldn't give in, he was grounded and boys who were grounded weren't going on a day out to a theme park and that was final.

''It does seem such a shame that Julian and George will miss out on coming with us'' Roland said to Quentin and Fanny early on the day of the trip

''Well I have to take Georgina to see the psychiatrist today anyway'' Fanny said ''She can't go even if she wasn't grounded''

''But what about Julian? that poor boy really wants to come''

''I know it may seem cruel to you Roly but we have to stick to his punishment'' Quentin said ''You see Julian and George were warned many times not to fight each other and they still did it so now they both have to complete their punishment. We can't back down and we can't let Julian come today''

''I understand'' Roland said with a nod of the head ''I never had children of my own so I have no idea how to raise them. I know you two do such a grand job and you know how to discipline them''       

A few hours later, after everyone had had a nice breakfast, Roland, Annie, and Dick were already waiting in the car to leave for the theme park Annie and Dick could hardly wait

''I want to go on the big rollercoaster!'' Dick said with excitement

''Oh dear, maybe when you go on the rollercoaster I can wait nearby and watch'' Anne said fretfully ''I don't think I want to be tipped upside down!''

Quentin was still inside the house with his wife and two very bad-tempered teenagers

''Dad please let me come'' Julian said one last time

''No''

''Ah dad please''

''No''

''Ahh please please dad''

''No''

''Ahh''

''Stop whinging, you're grounded and you can't come''

Julian bowed his head and sulked

Quentin looked at George and spoke sternly ''I want you to cooperate with the psychiatrist today you understand?''