Chapter 10 - GEORGE AND TIMMY HAVE A CONFRONTATION

Later that evening Fanny and Roland were alone in the sitting room.

''Well, that went better than we could have hoped'' Fanny said ''well at least with Julian and Anne. George was her usual difficult self and Dick didn't seem to take it too well did he''

''We'll win Dick around in time I know we will'' Roland told her ''he is a good and sensible boy''

''But George?''

''Well Fan love, I was thinking about George and I think we have a solution. It's what you said before about sending her to boarding school I think we should do it''

''I don't know if that's such a good idea, I only said it because I was angry. I don't know if I can really do that to her, she already hated me enough, and if I do that she'll hate me even more''

''I don't think she will ever accept me, she hates me. She could make life very difficult for us if she stays here''

''Well but what about Timmy? She will never agree to be parted from him''

''That wretched dog really, I'm sick of it can't we just get rid of it? You know I don't like dogs''

''I can't get rid of Timmy, it will break Georgina's heart''

Roland sighed with annoyance ''Oh we mustn't upset madam Georgina, must we? really I am tired of tiptoeing around that girl with her tantrums and bad attitude. She needs a damn good spanking and I have a good mind to give it to her''

''Can't you just try to get on with her better? Try to be friends with her, I hate you two being so unfriendly to each other''

''Don't you think I've tried? She throws it back in my face every time, she has never liked me right since that first moment when I arrived here and gave her that dress which she hated and said I didn't like dogs. She made up her mind about me there and then''

''Just try again please?''

''Ok but only for your sake, not hers''

George was out in the garage with Timmy when Roland burst in without knocking

''Erm do you mind?'' she barked at him ''At least knock before coming in here I could have been getting undressed you know''

''Oh sorry, I just came for a chat Georgina. Don't you think it's about time you grew up a bit and stopped being such a pain in the ass? It's really upsetting your mother you know''

''I don't care, maybe I did before but not now. Now that she had upset me so much by betraying my father like that. And if you think I will ever accept you you can forget it, I hate you and I always have done ''

Suddenly the nasty smirk was back on Roland's face ''It's ok dear I can't stand you either. In fact, I don't care that much for you or your brothers. I love your mother a lot and I am awfully fond of Anne, I wouldn't care if the rest of you all drowned or something''

''Why are you fond of Anne particularly?'' George asked him, curious indeed.

''She is a lovely girl, she is the daughter I never had, the daughter I could have had...the daughter I SHOULD have had''

''And you don't care about Dick or Julian?''

''Not particularly no, like I say I am fond of Anne and your mother that's all. Frankly, the three of us could be a lovely little family if I just got rid of you and your smelly brothers, what is it about teenage boys and that boy smell it's revolting''   

''Well thankfully Dick has started to agree with me, but you really have poor Julian fooled. I expect he'd be very upset to hear you speak of him like that''