𝟷𝟶 ・ 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛

Jeonghan stared at the blank screen of the phone in his hand after Eunae had cut the call. 

He wasn't sure how he is supposed to be feeling right now. 

Excited? Happy? Nervous?

Jeonghan has no idea. He isn't one to get fazed by simple things easily. No, out of all the members, Jeonghan is the most practical one even if he doesn't look like it. He isn't one to let emotions rule over his judgement and let his heart win over his brain. 

Then why is he feeling so giddy at the though of meeting Eunae? It's just Kim Eunae after all. The girl Jeonghan grew up with. The girl Jeonghan went to school with. The girl who Jeonghan didn't even give a second glance. 

Perhaps it was due to the unfamiliar confidence Eunae radiants that is attracting Jeonghan to her or maybe it was the way she flips her hair over her shoulder that makes Jeonghan's stomach flip over. 

Yes, he doesn't like the way her attitude changed. It feels far too foreign and weird on Eunae. 

Jeonghan knows that his friends were in the wrong that day. Both Jinny and Hoseok crossed a line they shouldn't have and Eunae had all the perfect reason to react the way she did. Yet at the same thing Jeonghan can't deny that he too was curious about Eunae's magical transformation. 

Even though he did his best to not show it, Jeonghan himself was curious when Jinny asked Eunae about plastic surgery. And he hates that he wanted to know. 

He sighed deeply and laid down on his bed, staring at the white ceiling on top with multiple thoughts running through his brain. 

He wanted to sleep but he couldn't. Every time he closed his eyes, he could only see Eunae's angry yet sad face the last time he saw her, at Gyunghoon's farm. 

"Hyung," Dokyeom's head popped in the doorway of Jeonghan's room, "Did you do it?" 

Jeonghan nod his head as Dokyeom let him in. 

"Really? What did she say?" Dokyeom asked like an excited puppy. 

"She said okay," Jeonghan answered, sitting up. 

"Hyung that's great," Dokyeom grinned widely, "It's good that you got to her first."

"Got to her first?" Jeonghan raised an eyebrow, confused. 

"You know what I mean. I had shoo away Joshua Hyung so many times because he wanted Eunae noona's number," Dokyeom said. 

"Joshua? He still remembers her?" Jeonghan asked, "He's only met her once and even that for about two hours." 

"Joshua? Of course he remembers her. He hasn't stopped talking about her still. He's really desperate. It's bit annoying now," Dokyeom told Jeonghan, seemingly surprised that Jeonghan wasn't aware of this. 

"Really? I had no idea," Jeonghan said. 

"Hyung, did you forget how obvious Joshua was being in the car the other day," Dokyeom said. 

"How can I? I've never contemplated by friendship with him more. Whatever. It's not like he's her type anyways," Jeonghan said. 

"He's not?" Dokyeom said, "How do you know that?" 

Jeonghan lied down back on the bed, closing his eyes, "I just know. Eunae doesn't like guys like Joshua. Her types is different." 

"Wah- you must have been really close if you know such things about her too," Dokyeom said. 

Jeonghan opened his eyes to the white ceiling, his brain reminiscing  on old memories. He placed his right arm underneath his head and said, "We were."

The Next Door Neighbor (Jeonghan)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें