𝟻・ 𝚃𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚕

"So you have to make three hundred and fifty plates of desserts as well as and five hundred macrons of different flavors this upcoming week," Naeun confirmed through the phone. 

Even though Naeun could not see her, Eunae still nodded her head and answered her sister, "Yup"

"All alone?" Naeun asked. 

"Well I won't be all alone. I have Chaewon and Eunwoo with me," Eunae said, referring to her younger co-workers. 

"But they are just assistants. You do the main work, don't you," Naeun asked. 

"Well, that is technically true," Eunae admitted. 

"Wow. Mom might actually faint when you tell her," Naeun commented. 

"I already did. And I think she might have actually fainted," Eunae told her sister. 

Naeun clicked her tongue against the inside of her cheek and said, "What are you doing now?"

"Eating dinner" Eunae answered, and indeed the pattisier was helping herself to a meal of instant ramyeon and a side dish of kimchi and a can of beer to accompany together. 

"Now? At nearly 1 at night!" Naeun screeched from the other side of the phone. 

"The restaurant closes at 11:30 and then I have to clean up and so I get home around 12:30 everyday. Of course I'm going to eat something. I was starving," Eunae answered, not at all fazed by her sister's shock as giving out large reactions was a trait that ran through the family, particularly in their mother and in Naeun. 

"What about you? You're still awake so late," Eunae pointed out. 

"I'm on night duty," Naeun answered. 

"Then shouldn't you be monitoring your patients?" Eunae asked. 

"I just did a round right before calling you. Everyone's fine and healthy for now, and besides, I'm only an intern. I can't really do much stuff either if something happens. I just really call the resident or the fellow who's working on the scene at the moment," Naeun explained, "Unnie. Did you know I assisted in delivering a baby today?"

"You did?" Eunae responded, using her chopsticks to pick up the homemade kimchi her mom had given and also helping herself to one of the quail eggs Jeonghan's mother had given her.

"I did. I was so nervous. I've never seen a baby being delivered, only studied about it, but it was so beautiful unnie. The mother was in so much pain when her water broker but she worked so hard to push the baby out. And my professor is just so kind. He's really sweet," Naeun told her sister excitedly. 

"hmm. . .wait so you're interning to be an obstetrician?" Eunae answered, frowning as she failed to recall her sister ever mentioning wanting to become an obstetrician. 

"No. I'm going to be an intern for two years, and I will have chances to go around in different departments before finally settling for one," Naeun explained, "It's a bit complicated and every hospital has its own system."

"I'm glad you got in though. You're interning at a very well known hospital," Eunae told her sister. 

It was true. Naeun had her fingers crossed when she had applied to Seoul National Hospital as it was a very well known hospital in the country and only good opportunities will come out for the future from it. Fortunately for her, the hospital accepted her as an intern and Naeun began to intern happily in the same hospital her boyfriend is in. 

"Well, if your hot shot boyfriend is also on night duty, then maybe you can get him to buy you coffee," Eunae suggested. 

"Are you ever going to call Siwoo by his name?" Naeun asked, and Eunae could imagine her sister's face right now.