CHAPTER 24- IVANA WILSON : "The Presentation"

Shit. Why does my phone's battery have to die now? Could this day really be any worse? I wanted to tell Ana all about it.

I kept my phone on charge and went inside the kitchen to see if I had any leftovers. I was really in no mood to cook, but I was starving. Gladly, I found a pack of cup noodles in the cabinet. It saved me the trouble of cooking. That could work.

I have a lot of work to do before I go to bed. Mr. New Boss thinks that I can pull it off before tomorrow's presentation on a project I have no previous knowledge of. Why does he have to be a jerk? In any case, I need to finish the report by 8 a.m. I am sure I can do it. I'll just have to work really hard all night long. What a great first day at work!

After gulping down the leftover soup of my noodles, the shower before sitting down for work felt like an appealing idea to me. I was so exhausted after work that I could barely see straight. I grabbed the empty cup to throw it away and headed to my bedroom. Before picking up the change of clothes, I turned on the geyser in the bathroom.

Finally refreshed after a shower, I took all my files and my laptop and sat down on my bed to work. I have no idea what I am doing. I will just have to use my best judgment and hope for the best. Come on, Ivie. When I was finally getting the gist of the presentation with all the reading that I did, I suddenly heard the vibration of my phone. I forgot that I had put it on charge and kept it on my bedside table. It was late at night, approximately 11 p.m. It was Ash's name that flashed on my screen. I connected my Bluetooth headphones so I could continue working.

I didn't take Ash as a romantic type but whatever he told me about his plan sounded perfect. I almost screamed in excitement. My girl is so damn lucky to have a guy like Ash in his life. Well, both are my best friends and they make an adorable couple. As far as I know, Ash never really dated anyone for more than a month before. As for Ana, she was in a serious relationship before but, I don't know what happened. She had never wanted to talk about this part of her past.

I eventually saved the presentation and created a backup after six hours of mind-numbing torture with all the data. I can't take any chances. It was around five in the morning, and I figured I could take a two-hour nap before getting ready for work. I laid down, and once again, it was my phone vibrating. It was Ash's. He called to let me know that the plan was on track. Cool. Finally, I can sleep. I set my alarm for seven and tucked myself in the blanket. Goodnight, Ivie.

Waking up to the buzzing sound of the alarm, I rushed into the shower and brushed my teeth. I can't afford to be late for two days in a row. I have to iron my dress suit which I believe is suitable for the meeting. I quickly changed into my bathrobe and exited the bathroom. I hung my dress suit on one of the hangers near the ironing board and decided to put it on after I made breakfast. I had some eggs in the fridge, and well, I think the omelette will be quick.

I put my dish in the sink and rushed to change after gulping down the last mouthful of my omelette. It was 8 in the clock when I was ready. Smooth. I have time as I've to reach my office at 9. I thought there'd be no harm in showing up early, so I booked a cab and grabbed all my stuff. I'd walk to the office, but there was no way I could walk with all the files and other stuff. I ordered a latte from the Starbucks next to my office as a takeaway while sitting in the cab.

Taking the elevators, I headed to my office. I heard someone call my name and realized it was the girl from the reception desk. I went back. It was the brunette who apparently called me.

"Morning, Ms. Peters."

"Morning."

"Mr. Grace asked me to inform you that he is waiting for you in his cabin as soon as you arrive."

"It's not even 9. Is he early because of the meeting?"

"I doubt that. He comes to the office at 8 every day."

"Okay, thanks." I gave her a small smile and left.

Does this man have nothing else to do? Last night too, when I was leaving, I saw him sitting in his cabin. 

"Good morning, Mr. Grace. Have you sent for me?", I said as soon as I stepped inside his cabin.

"Morning. Ms. Peters, I'm assuming you've completed the presentation. I've mailed you some edits. Take a look at them and email me the final draft. And be ready to give the presentation. We'll meet in the conference hall at 9:45", he replied in his monotonous tone. I wasn't aware that I had to deliver the presentation.

"I didn't know that I had to deliver the presentation."

My words made him look at me in surprise.

"Any problem?"

I simply shook my head in no.

"Good. You may now resume your work."

Great. I'm not sure why, but I'm nervous. It's a wonderful opportunity, to be sure. I just can't let it go.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Hope you like this chapter. If you have any suggestions or reviews, please do tell us in the comments. Don't forget to vote. It really means a lot. 

Do you think Darren is hard on Ivie? Tell us in the comments.