CHAPTER 22- DIANA YOUNG: "I've been here before"

"You won't believe what happened today." Ivie and I spoke in unison. It appears like we both had one hell of a day.

"Nice. You go first, Ivie."

I didn't get an answer from her, and then I realised the call had been disconnected. I called her again, but her phone was switched off. So, I decided to call her again in the morning.

"Hey!" It was Ash, grabbing my waist from behind.

"Is everything all right?"

"Everything is fine." I turned around and kissed him on the cheek, my hands on his shoulder to keep a firm grasp.

"Do you mind if I stay over? I have some business in the neighborhood tomorrow morning."

"Not at all. It's no problem. I'll set up the bedding on the couch. You can take the bed."

"No. I'll sleep on the couch. You sleep on the bed."

"And before you say anything, I'm not changing my mind.", he continued before I could object.

'Okay,' was all that came out of my mouth, leaving me with a pouty expression.

I grabbed the additional bedding from my room and arranged the couch for Ash, who had disappeared from the living room when I went inside. I then made my bed and was ready to lay down when I overheard Ash speaking with someone on the call. When he was back, I switched off the side lamp, got my blanket, and laid down on the bed.

It had been over half an hour, and I still couldn't sleep. Apparently, we both couldn't sleep as I could hear Ash tossing and turning on the couch as he was a little big for it. I attempted to tell him about it earlier, but he deafeningly stopped me. I stood up and walked out of my bed. I suppose we both could adjust in my bed.

"Come on. I suppose there is enough room on the bed for two people. We both need to get up early for work."

"Are you sure, Ana?" he said, with his famous Asher Grace smirk on his face. He got up and stood in front of me.

"I know what you are trying to do here. Scoot over before I change my mind.", I replied. I guess I stood in front of him, smiling shyly like a kid.

He is the man of my dreams. I never expected to feel so delighted to have him in my life. As I sat alongside him, I was able to recall every lovely memory I had with him. This definitely demonstrates how someone may become such an integral part of our lives that we couldn't picture it without them. As we laid down on the lush green grass, he snatched me in an embrace as I placed my head on his shoulder. The sky was filled with stars that twinkled so brightly. As his hands entwined in my hair, he began toying with it. There was a sense of serendipity and delight as we laid down, cuddling.

I opened my eyes, of course, it was a dream and saw Ash attempting to untangle us as we may have cuddled hard in our sleep. I could feel his breath on my face. My face was resting on the curve of his neck, and my legs were locked between his. His arms wrapped around me, which he has now retracted in an attempt to get himself out of the tangle. He was really delicate and cautious not to wake me up. I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to sleep so he wouldn't realise I was awake. I heard him getting up and leaving the bed as he exited the bedroom but not before he lingered over me for a while. I could feel him staring at me as he kissed my forehead.

I'm not sure what he was doing since he attempted to be as quiet as possible. As best as I can tell, the noise came from the kitchen. I could hear him speaking to someone on the phone a few minutes later. I glanced at the time and it was around 5 a.m. What could be so urgent at this time of day? Will someone tell me what's going on?  When his call ended, I drew my blanket over my head as he entered the bedroom.

"Ana, get up. It's 5 a.m. already. We are running late."

"It's just 5 a.m, for God's sake. Please, let me sleep. I have a meeting at 10."

"Come on, you sleepyhead. I've got a surprise for you. Don't be a slacker and spoil it. We'll be back before 8."

"Fine."

We drove through the dark streets. I was a little sleepy and I could barely keep my eyes open. I had the window rolled down and my arm was resting on the door. It was still dark and cold outside but started to warm up, and I could smell the trees along the road. Ash pulled over to the side of the road and said that we would need to have a short walk before arriving at our destination.

This can't be possible. This place is familiar. I've been here before. It has been a long time since I have been here, but it looked exactly the same. It felt like déjà vu. I couldn't have imagined how different it would be if I returned one day. It was everything I remembered from before, yet different at the same time. We've had some wonderful experiences here in the past.

"Do you like it?" Ash asked.

"I love it," I said, embracing him in a tight hug. It doesn't feel right to tell him I've been here before. Not alone.

---------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. Sorry for the late update. Got lil stuck up with work. Hope you liked this chapter. Please vote and comment. It would mean a lot. 

Why did Ash plan this surprise? What do you think? Tell us in the comments below.