CHAPTER 15 - DIANA YOUNG

"Megan is a sweet girl, but this, you could have told us about this. Why did you have to hide this from us? We already had a conversation. We're trying so hard so that you can have a better future. But instead, you decided to ruin it by wasting your time on all this stuff. We came back home in a hurry so that we can give you the good news. But Ana, I didn't expect this from you. You received a scholarship as well as approval to transfer to Columbia University next term. So, it's for you to decide. Your dad got a great expansion deal in Boston. So we probably will be moving next month."

"What do you think of this dress?", Ivie's voice disrupted my thoughts.

"Um.... What?", I said, confused.

Ivie's facial expression clearly said that I pissed her off. She got I wasn't paying attention. We are having our graduation ceremony next week. Ivie is fully prepared for the graduation ceremony. They have selected her to give a vote of thanks on behalf of the Student Association. Everyone's parents are going to join them. Mom has caught the flu. I don't know if Dad will come. I asked Ash if he could accompany me and thank god, he agreed. I'll be meeting Ivie's brother and dad for the first time.

While lost in my thoughts, I heard a notification on my phone. It was from Ash.

"WYD?"

"Nothing...bored. U?"

"Let's grab some drinks. Evening?"

"Sounds good."

"I'll pick u up at 6."

I went to Ivie's room and saw that she was ready as if she was going somewhere. But then I remembered she was meeting an old acquaintance whose name I forgot today.

"Hey, Ash is taking me for drinks so maybe I'll be home late."

"That's great. I think I'll grab dinner with Jannice then. She called yesterday saying she was in the neighbourhood today and wanted to talk to me about something important."

"Ohh... Well, you know, you can join us for dinner anytime."

"Yeah... I'm just having mixed emotions right now. We had so many types of relationships earlier. Be it a motherly bond, friends or my therapist. I'm not sure with which relationship I should meet her today."

"Just be you. Don't overthink this much. Everything will be fine."

She hugged me instead of replying. Guess hugs from best friends can literally calm you down. In my case, it does.

After Ivie left, I don't know why I picked up my phone and dialed the number but disconnected it as soon as the person on the other side received my call. I heard the car honking and knew Ash was there, always on time. I picked up my bag and locked the door. As soon as I sat in the car, Ash said, "What good deeds have I done in the past that I got such a lovely girlfriend."

"Well, on how many girls have you tried this line before?", I replied, mockingly.

"Maybe a solid ten.", Ash smirked and started laughing.

"Oh my god, you're such an ass.", I replied trying to show that I'm pissed off.

"Do you know how cute you look when you're pissed off?", he asked.

I chose not to reply and admire the view outside the window. I was interrupted with a notification on my phone from an unknown number. I opened the text and realized it was from the same number I called before Ash came.

" I know u didn't call by mistake. I know you're upset and I'm the reason responsible but please talk to me. We gave it a thought and we know we were wrong. But honey, u already punished us long enough by not coming home since you moved out. Come home after your graduation. Let's settle everything. Mom and dad love you. Please call me."

I think it's time to visit home then.