7. From Imola to Barcelona

Mollie finished packing and stood her case up by the door. It was time to get out of Imola, and she'd be pleased to see the back of the place. 

She was leaving pointless. She'd qualified well, starting in seventh, but Lando had pushed her off at turn one and she'd spent the rest of the race trying to regain positions.  She'd managed to claw her way back up from sixteenth to twelfth, but that was where she had ended.  Twelfth and pointless. 

There was a knock on the door.  She opened it and found Seb stood there looking as gorgeous as ever in a pair of tight blue jeans and green T-shirt.  His hair was slightly longer than usual and he had around a week's worth of beard growth.  Mollie felt a spark of desire shoot through her. 

"Hey," he said, nervously. Mollie smiled. They hadn't spoken since their argument Wednesday night. "I was hoping I'd catch you. Listen, I'm really sorry. Do you have a minute? Well, longer than a minute, but you know what I mean."

"Come on in. I've got to leave in about twenty minutes but I'm all packed and ready." He followed her into the room.

"Mollie, please. I really am sorry. I know this is my fault. I'm just struggling baby. I just want to be with you. I guess it will get easier with time, but at the moment I'm not coping with it. How do you find it so easy?"  She sighed.

"Seb, I don't. I struggle too. I miss you so much it hurts. I know it's hard. But you have to understand you can't have everything your own way. And you have to understand that I love you. You, Sebastian Vettel. No one else." They fell into each other's arms, their lips seeking each other's. Seb's tongue slipped into Mollie's mouth, taking control of the kiss.  Wherever their problems lay, it definitely wasn't in the physical side of their relationship. 

Seb slid his hands up her shirt, seeking her breasts.  She wrenched her mouth off of his.

"Seb, no. We don't have time."

He growled with frustration. 

"When then Mollie?  I need you.  It seems like forever since we made love."

"Spain. I'm heading straight there. I'm free until Thursday."

"Shit, I can't Mols. I've got to go to Silverstone for a couple of days work in the sim. I'll be there Wednesday night." Mollie pulled away and laughed.

"There's always something l, isn't there? If it's not me, it's you.  Sometimes I wonder if we're just not meant to be.  There's always something coming between us."

"Mols, don't say that.  You know how I feel about you.  I promise you, after Barcelona I am all yours.  I have nothing in my diary. Please tell me you're not busy."

"I have something on the Wednesday but I'm free after that."

"Keep it free.  I'm coming over and we are going to spend some time together. Just you and me.  No one else.  How does that sound baby?"

"It sounds like heaven.  I really miss you Seb."

He took her face in his hands and gently kissed her lips.  "I promise you.  We will make this work."

He released her and headed back towards the door. He turned as he opened it. "I love you Mollie."

"I love you too."

***
Seb was fuming.  He'd had a nightmare weekend in Barcelona.  He'd been pushed off at the start by George Russell and found himself running in eighth, just behind Scott McDevitt.  Then when he'd tried to pass him McDevitt had moved over on him and pushed him off again.