42. The Terrible Truth

The Man's Diary Entry 24 Hours Earlier

I wanted Mollie Rashford from the moment I saw her. She was, and will always be, the most beautiful woman in the world.

If only her inner beauty matched her outside beauty. She is a murdering bitch, amongst other things. Mollie Rashford has ruined my life! It's only fair that I ruin hers!

If only I could forget her. If I could just forget the feel of her lips under mine. If only I could forget how she cruelly rejected me.

It was always Vettel for her. It makes me sick seeing them together. Thinking of him possessing her. She should be in my bed. Despite the hate I feel for her, I can't help wanting her. I guess I always will want her. You see, for me there has never been anyone else. One night stands, sure. But no one meaningful. No one that made me feel the way she does.

It was so easy to frame Daniel Hunter. I'd attended his office for an interview. He'd left his laptop open when he'd been called away to deal with something else.

I just tapped out a message and minimised it. His boss had asked to borrow it. I knew there was a big chance that it would be found.

I know all the charges will be dropped against him after I've took Mollie, but if she thinks it's him she will let her guard down and I'll be able to get to her easier.

I cannot wait to finally be inside her. I'm hoping she'll put up a fight. I love that feisty, spirited side of her. Damn I'm getting hard just thinking about it. Tomorrow Mollie. Just 24 hours and you'll see me. The man you've always overlooked. The man that has always loved you. You will find out who I am, but I won't go down for this. I have a plan Mollie, a way you and I can be together forever. That's the way it was always meant to be.

***

The man had been fuming when he'd heard that Seb and Mollie had set a date for their wedding. How could he stand there and watch her promise herself to another man? She was meant to be his. He wanted to scream out and beg her not to marry Seb but he knew she didn't want him. She never had. So he'd had to stand there and watch in silence as they'd pledged themselves to each other. Sickening.

Then he'd had to watch them dance and act all lovey dovey at the reception. He just wanted to whisk her away and make her hurt as much as she was hurting him.

Then at Saudi she'd lucked into another race win. How did she do it? Why did Mollie Rashford get things handed to her?

At Abu Dhabi he'd had to stand and watch their little love scene after the podium. He decided there and then they he was going to make his move at the Christmas party. He'd messed around long enough. Mollie was his and he was going to take her.

***

The man looked around the room. There were several Christmas trees dotted around and tinsel everywhere. Mollie was late. Some of the other guys had commented saying they bet that Mollie and Seb were so busy fucking that they'd lost track of time.

The man felt his anger building up. Would she smell of Vettel when he took her later? Would she still have his semen inside her?

It was at that moment she arrived. She looked amazing. More than amazing. She'd come so far from that girl he'd met all those years ago when he'd been just a boy.

She outshone every other woman in the room. She
smiled at him as she arrived at the table. He controlled his anger as he shook Seb's hand.

"Where's Joel?" Mollie asked.