Chapter Twenty-Two

Shouting and yelling could be heard everywhere. People gathered at the gates of the castle wanting to leave.

Some Guards were restraining people down on the ground trying to identify which person had pure black eyes and Nightmare as she was missing.

Killer mentally panicked as ran up a fire escape up to keep out of sight.

Dream heard the loud footsteps up the stairs that were meant for escaping a building in case of a fire.

Only Killer disappeared from sight as soon as Dream caught a glimpse of him running up the stairs.

The small king could now only hope the Killer, Cross, and his sister would be okay as he was rushed away somewhere safe as Dream's guards had no idea what was happening.

Killer had unfortunately failed to kill Bates.

Sprinting as fast as he could, Killer looked around trying to spot Cross or Nightmare, hopefully both.

Killer yelled out in frustration before he fell forward falling off the roof he was standing on.

Fortunately the roof was pretty close to the ground, so Killer didn't get that hurt, in all he probably got a few bruises.

Killer groaned as he pushed himself up onto his knees as he rubbed his forehead.

The sound of a sword being removed from its case snapped Killer out of his daze all the way.

Killer tensed as he slowly looked up.

Bates stared at Killer, he looked outraged at the problem Cross and him caused.

Both men stared at each other, neither daring to move.

..

Nightmare shrieked as Cross pushed Nightmare's arm back into place.

Cross quickly shushed her for making such noise in a time like this.

Only moments earlier Cross was carrying Nightmare while running.

Cross was came across a large water tank on top of one of the roofs and set Nightmare against it.

Nightmare panted as the relief over her shoulder filled her soul, it moved properly now.

Nightmare moved her arm around happy to see it wasn't broken.

One had was still rubbing over her own neck trying to ease the burning pain the ropes had caused.

Cross glanced at the water tank.

Standing up, Cross summoned his special knifes that his old best friend soul half provided him, and stabbed it into the side of the water tank.

Water spilled out the the hole and onto the roof as ran down the roof and on the ground.

Cross quickly cupped his hands catching as much water as he could.

Bringing his hands to Nightmare's face.
Cross motioned for Nightmare to drink.

Without hesitation, Nightmare cupped her hands letting Cross spill his water into Nightmare's hands.

Nightmare brought her cupped hands to her mouth drinking as much Liquid as she could.

Cross pressed his lips together firmly as he filled his cupped hands with water again, then poured it into Nightmare's waiting hands.

This repeated for a few seconds before Nightmare started washing her face with the water gifted to her.

Nightmare gently rubbed her wet hands over her neck again.