Chapter Sixteen

It was still dark outside when Cross woke Killer and Nightmare up.

Cross was sick the past two days, so they couldn't leave the hotel without Cross tripping or throwing up.

They couldn't wait any later, they had to get back to the cabin and nail the boards back over the windows.

While Cross and Killer changed and put on their shoes Nightmare was in the bathroom fixing the buttons to her dark coat.

After pulling the hood over her head, Nightmare walked out of the bathroom.
Her little darkish small brown boots giving small indents to the floor.

Cross glanced at Nightmare for a moment watching her exit the bathroom silently.

"Took you long enough." Cross says as he rolls his eyes pulling their hotel rooms key from his pocket.

Nightmare rolled her eyes as she picked up her new bag she also stole from a thrift store, over her shoulder.

"You know, sometimes your heart is as cold as my room, and I can't feel my hands and feet in that room, so it's really cold." Nightmare hisses smiling smugly at Cross.

Killer ignored the twos bickering and snatched the key from Cross's hand and strolled over to the door to unlock it before things got out of hand.

Once Killer opened the door he held it wide open waiting for the other two.

Nightmare stuck her tongue out at Cross as she strutted over to the door.

Cross just stared at her with one eyebrow raised higher than the other as Nightmare wasn't paying attention and smacked straight into the door.

Killer seemed to burst out laughing as Nightmare fell onto the floor holding her head in her hands.

Killer struggled to form a sentence from his fit of laughter.

"Are you okay?!" He exclaimed still trying to stifle his laughter.

Nightmare was silent momentarily before replying, "been through worse."

Cross came over next to Nightmare kneeling down next to him.

"Ouch.. that must hurt." Cross mumbles as he spots the red mark on the side of Nightmare's face.

Nightmare just stared at him for a moment like he was stupid.

"Yea, it does." She hisses attitude lacing her words as she spoke.

Killer finally seemed to recover from his fit of laughter and came over pulling Nightmare by her arm then held his cold water bottle to her face.

People would wake up soon, the three of them had to move fast.

Cross pulled out the map and led the little line that was formed with Nightmare being in the middle again.

Once they left the key at the hotels desk the three of them made their way to the forest avoiding any sketchy people seen on the way.

It had been a few hours, but Nightmare could see Cross's and Killer's little cabin though the trees.

Nightmare glanced behind her at Killer for a moment, this wasn't the best time to run away from Cross and Killer.

Nightmare would have to wait.

Cross was finally was the door of the cabin opening the door. Cross looked back making sure Nightmare and Killer got inside before shutting the door behind them.

Killer seemed to directly guid himself to the couch sinking into the cushions as he sat down clearly showing everyone he was tired from the journey.

Cross set down the map he had been carrying on the table.

Turning towards Killer, Cross made sure that Nightmare was near him.

"Watch her, I'm going to get some tools from the shed to put back up the boards so we hopefully won't freeze tonight like last time."

Killer groaned and pushed himself up quickly trying to catch Cross before he went out side.

Putting both hands on Cross's shoulders, Killer gave him a quick kiss.

Without words, Cross opened the door and left the cabin.

Killer watched Cross close the door before turning to look at Nightmare.

"..I don't need to watch you, right?" Killer questions lazily not wanting to do anything momentarily.

Nightmare just shrugged as she walked over into the kitchen.

Killer was somehow already at the couch laying on his back half asleep.

Nightmare ran her finger against the counter leaving a clean thin on the dusty countertop.

Nightmare wiped the dust of her finger with her shirt as she looked at all the bottles, cans, and small plastic bags thrown around everywhere.

Turning her attention to the drawers, Nightmare started searching them.

Once finding a trash bag, Nightmare started to throw all the scattered trash she could find in the bag.

As doing so, Nightmare could hear Cross picking up the boards and holding them to the window all he tried to nail the in.

Nightmare decided to ignore him.

Once the trash was filled with all the trash Nightmare could find, Nightmare picked up the sponge she found in the sink.

After getting the sponge wet, Nightmare went ahead and dragged the sponge across the countertops cleaning the dust off of them.

Nightmare even cleaned up the dust and smudges from the fridge.

Once satisfied with the counters, cabinets, and fridge looking spotless, Nightmare moved onto the sink.

Rinsing the dishes in the cold tap water, Nightmare used a little bit of the blue dish soap sitting in the side of the sink to sanitize the dishes.

After finishing, Nightmare had found a small towel and used it to dry the dishes then put them away in there respected places in the cabin.

Nightmare refused to stay in such a dirty place, even if it was only for a little longer, she couldn't stand it.

So to top it off, Nightmare wetted the sponge again and stuck the towel over her shoulder.

Nightmare used the sponge to clean off the coffee table near Killer and than dry it with the towel.

Once she had done that Nightmare removed the spiderwebs in the corners of the cabin with a broom she had found sitting in a corner.

Killer was now fully sleeping when Nightmare started sweeping the hardwood floor and pouring water down as she cleaned it.

Cross was finally finished boarding back up the window, he stood in silent shock in the doorway.

Nightmare glanced at him. "I refuse to stay in such a dirty place." She hissed as she turned her back to him and propped the broom against the wall.

Killer whined loudly turning his head
towards Cross and Nightmare.

"Crossss! Come cuddle meee!" Killer whined as he arms out.

Nightmare was already sitting on the other side of the couch looking quite bored.

Cross walked over to Killer having him sit up before letting Killer lay back down and on his lap.

                                      1115 words