Chapter Twelve

Nightmare fiddled with a small stone as she tried to drown out Killer and Cross's "fight."

"You can't loose your temper like this every time you get upset!" Killer hisses as he stands up only being inches from hitting the caves ceiling.

Cross was silent, Nightmare couldn't tell what he was thinking, though he didn't seem to be upset anymore.

More disappointed and quiet, who knows anymore.

"If I had knew.. if someone had told me the plan.. You know I would of done things differently right?"

Cross says looking up at Killer frustrated. It was true, Killer never really told Cross anything, just that Nightmare was staying til they could sell her or give her to Bates for a prize.

Cross didn't know what to expect from Nightmare, didn't know if she was dangerous, didn't know if she acted like a damsel in distress.

Didn't know if she'd try to escape or obey, Cross just went with the small amount of knowledge he had.

"Were you ever going to explain it to me?.." Cross asked as he turned away from Killer.

"Of course I was you stupid idiot, you know I love you." Killer says rolling his eyes already done with the argument.

Nightmare just felt uncomfortable now.

Cross mumbles out an "I love you too."
After awhile of silence.

Killer smirked, walking closer to his partner, "Wait, you love me? Like you love me how Garfield loves lasagna love me?"

Cross just shrugged and nodded to Killer's weird question.

Killer wrapped his arms around Cross as they stood together just enjoying each other.

Cross noticed Nightmare's staring.

"Stop staring, you have no reason too."
Cross says as he glares at Nightmare.

Nightmare happily flared back.
"Oh nothing, Uhm, I was just realizing how my hair.. is better than your!"
Nightmare chokes out nervously.

That was a terrible excuse.

Cross rolled his eyes, which shocked Nightmare. "Say that again and I'll stab you with a rusty knife."

Nightmare let out hiss not pleased with the threat, pulling her knees to her chest and touching her short hair not used to the length still.

The caves walls shook violently startling the group.

Small stones fell from the ceiling of the cave. Nightmare put her head down covering it with her hands while Killer and Cross's embrace tightened

The shaking came to a slow stop after a few moments after starting in the first place.

Nightmare lifted her head looking around her surroundings.

Across the water was a small tunnel.
Half of it was submerged in the water.

The water seemed to deepen the farther away from the ledge.

Nightmare started at it and slowly crawled to the edge of the ledge.

"..As much as I hate you, I wanna leave so, I'm going to point out the small tunnel over there." Nightmare says pointing over at the tunnel.

Cross's gaze hardens as he walks over to Nightmare, keeping his distance of course.

Killer grinned with victory as he placed his hands on his hips.

Nightmare rolled her eyes as she watched Cross get down on his knees and lower himself into the water swimming towards the tunnel.

Killer strolls over to stand right behind Nightmare as Cross checks out the tunnel.

"It obvious the water has been rising sense we got here and I suspect it will be fully submerged along with everything else in this "room" till we are left swimming for hours til we die of the water goes back down."

Cross says loud enough for the other two standing to hear.

Killer shrugs, "We'll die anyway if we stay here, the question though is there anywhere to go, is the tunnel just a dead end?" Killer asks.

Cross was silent for a moment before responding, "I think it leads outside."

Killer smirks, "Guess we know the answer then."

Nightmare turned around to look at Killer not liking the fact he was behind her.

A small yelp escapes Nightmare's lips as she's shoved into the water by one and only Killer.

"Killer!" Nightmare shouts as she tries to splash him with water as she watches him laugh loudly at her.

Nightmare's screamed as Killer collected himself and jumped into the water next to Nightmare splashing her.

Killer swims over to Cross as Nightmare followed frustrated.

Killer was first to enter the tunnel, Cross forced Nightmare to go next so Cross could watch her every move.

A small amount of light could be seen from the other side of the tunnel.

Nightmare started to feel scared again.

                                           760 words