Chapter Eleven

Nightmare hissed as she sat up from the dirty floor.

Rubbing her eyes, Nightmare looked around, recalling all the memories about the day before.

Nightmare's heart felt like it dropped to her stomach in only moments of time.

Killer seemed to still be asleep up in the loft, but Nightmare couldn't see where Cross was.

Nightmare felt sick as she stood up. Holding a hand up to her mouth, Nightmare stumbled quietly and quickly as her own pace would let her to the door.

Once Nightmare was up to the door, Nightmare slowly put a hand on the knob of the door, trying to twist it and pull it open.

When that didn't work Nightmare started rattling and yanking on the doorknob letting out frantic mumbles.

It felt like there was a giant knot in Nightmare's throat as she swallowed trying to calm herself down.

Letting out a deep shaky breath, Nightmare tip toed over to the boarded windows dripping with water from the morning dew.

Putting a hand on one of the boards and feeling the cold damp wood Nightmare knew there was spaces where water could get in.

You could also see a few places where the sun shined in but Nightmare didn't realize that until this very moment.

Nightmare's sharp gaze caught sight of a small loose board in the corner of the window.

Nightmare glanced at the loft bed before she started wiggling and pulling at the board loosing it more and more.

Nightmare looses her grip on the board

Hissing at the difficultly the board was proving itself to be, Nightmare started to pull at the damp board again.

After a few more moments the board gave way with a cracking sound.

Nightmare freezes looking up at the loft bed, unfortunately reality still exists and Killer sat up with Cross who was hidden behind now in view.

Nightmare panics shoves her head through the window and shoves half of her body outside.

Killer looks around the room pulling the knife from his pocket and Cross summoned his.

Killer noticed Nightmare was halfway through the window with her feet kicking in the air.

"Oh lord- Hey!! Stop that!" Killer shouts as Nightmare as he gets down the ladder as fast as he can with Cross behind him.

Killer and Cross rushed to get their shoes on as Nightmare wiggled her whole body through where the board used to be.

Falling flat on her face, Nightmare let out a whine but with no hesitation she was up and running in a random direction.

Nightmare could hear the door of the cabin being slammed open and the shouts of Cross and Killer.

Nothing could make Nightmare turn around at that very moment.

Nightmare finally emerged from the forest and was now running across a beach.

The sand had made running more difficult and tiring for Nightmare.

Slipping on the sand again, Nightmare fell on her hands.

Quickly looking behind herself, Nightmare bolted forwards spotting rocks and a moss.

Some of the rocks were tall, others were small, but all the same the rocks and boulders would hide her from the two chasing her.

Nightmare changed her direction and ran to the giant rocks.

Glancing behind herself again, Nightmare saw Killer not too far behind her.

Panicked, Nightmare scrambled up a rock, jumping over sharp stones Nightmare tries hiding within the rocks.

Nightmare crouches down behind a large rock while trying to hold her breath.

Closing her eyes tightly, Nightmare rocked back and forth nervously.

Nightmare let out a yelp as she felt a wrist be yanked pulling Nightmare up too.

Cross stood right in front of Nightmare looked not slightest bit pleased.

Nightmare yelled at the top of her lungs as she tried to pull away from Cross. He only tightened his grip..

"Woah! Woah! Cross! Gentle!"
Killer yelled as he emerged from the rocks.

Though as he got closer the rocks that the three of them were now standing on shook proving themselves unstable.

The rocks gave way and all three fell down into what seemed to be a cave filled with darkness and water.

Nightmare screamed as her body hit the muddy coldish water.

The water wasn't that deep so Nightmare could almost touch.

Nightmare fought with the water as she felt an arm wrap around her waist pulling her towards the small largish rocked edge.

Yelling could be heard as Nightmare was shoved onto the ledge.

"I knew something like this would happen! Why in God's name did you have to bring her here!?! We were fine by ourselves!" Cross's blurry figure yelled out at who Nightmare assumed was Cross.

The shouting continued til there was silence within the darkness of the cave.

                                            790 words