Chapter Two

A small clicking noise could be heard as Nightmare fiddled with the little handle on her window.

Nightmare slid the window up gently making sure to make no noise as she climbed inside and on top of her desk.

Nightmare than hoped of the desk silently and tip toed to the window and slowly pulled it back shut.

Being pleased with how easy her entry was, Nightmare quickly spun around making her way to mirror in the corner of the large room.

Nightmare brushed her hand through her hair as she made sure she had no marks on her face from falling face first in the forest.

Nightmare's hair used to be pure white.

After the apple incident happened it stained a beautiful black. No matter corrupted or not, her hair stayed black.

It would never go back to its natural color from birth.

It was fine though, Nightmare was fond of the black curls in her hair.

Nightmare let out a sigh as she slid her clothes of and changed into a fancying dinner dress for dinner.

The dress was long enough that it didn't show Nightmare's feet.

No one would even notice if Nightmare went bare foot.

Nightmare giggled evilly at her little plan knowing her father would be enraged at the thought.

Nightmare fixed the circlet on her head staring at it in the mirror.

"..."

Nightmare turned to look at the basket that lay on the bed. Nightmare had placed it there moments ago.

Nightmare picked up the basket and slid it under the bed looking satisfied.

"That'll do it." Nightmare mumbles as she leads herself to the door and enters the long hallways.

Nightmare could feel the cold hallway floor against her bare feet as she walked forwards.

The Pictures that hung on the wall were pictures of Dream and Nightmare. They were painted by the small towns artist.

Dream knew the boy well, his name was Ink.

Nightmare wasn't fond of Ink but did enjoy his girlfriends company.

Ink's girlfriend was named Error.

Error was a sweetheart to Nightmare,
and she liked to be a pain in Ink's
rear side and scream "I swear to god!! Touch me again and I will kill someone! You monkey!!"
"AHHHhHh!!!!"
so Nightmare thinks shes pleasant.

Nightmare had finally made it down to door that led to the dining room.

Nightmare put a hand on the door and gently and quietly as possible slid in closing the door behind her.

"I don't care if you "love" my daughter!!
I'm not letting marry some idiot from some weak country!!"

Nightmare's father was yelling again,
probably about the fact in only a few weeks both Nightmare and Dream would turn eighteen.

Nightmare's father wanted someone who would profit his country for Nightmare hand in marriage.

Nightmare quietly passed the man whom her father was yelling at to find her seat at the table.

Sitting down, Nightmare listened.

"I already have chosen someone for my daughter, whom is best experienced in all north of land."

Nightmare felt her heart stop as she looked up from her plate of food.

"Now get out of my line of sight!"
Nightmare's father says shooing the man away.

Nightmare's mother looks over at her husband and sets a hand on his shoulder.

The king let out a angered sigh and looked over at Dream.

"Dream, my boy, I want you to take a walk with your mother after our feast here while I have Nightmare meet her new husband." Nightmare's father declares.

"But father-"

Nightmare's father cuts Dream of.

"You and your mother can talk and plan what you decide to do when your crowned king." Nightmare's father states proudly.

Once the King silenced Dream finally spoke again pushing his plate aside no longer hungry.

"Nightmare and I were planing on taking a walk and just talk.. Do we have permission to be excused from the table, to take our walk until your done?" Dream asks quietly.

The kings husband looked worryingly at her children. "Won't you get hungry later, you mustn't starve." The Queen says.

"If you give us permission we shall both take a baguette with us to the garden for our stroll." Nightmare says already done with everything.

The king and queen were silent for a moment sharing a look at each other.

The queen looks down before at her children and nodding "Don't take to long you two!"

Both child nodded eagerly and both stole a baguette as they walked out of the room.

Dream let out a sigh as the door closed between the parents and children.

"..They want you to marry Bates.."

Nightmare's whole face went pale.