Chapter Nineteen

Being forced into a small disgusting cell was the last thing Nightmare wanted to happen to her at the moment.

Nightmare felt like she couldn't breath as she spun around and tried to stab the guards that had thrown her like a rag doll across the small cell.

Nightmare would had succeeded in killing them both, but they shut the door right in time moving backwards missing the hit by a small amount of time.

The tentacles emerging from Nightmare's back tried to reach the two idiots by reaching through the bars.

The bars were to close to each other making the option of trying to squeeze through them quickly faded.

Scientists seemed to almost appear out of nowhere and stood next to the guards watching Nightmare goop fade as the cell removed magic from the person inside

It didn't take much time at all for Nightmare to return to her passive form.

Quickly stumbling over to the farthest corner of the cell, Nightmare hissed and snarled at Bates's men like a wild animal.

Using long sticks with needles stuck to the end, the scientists were drawing blood and injecting unknown liquids into Nightmare's immune system.

Nightmare soon slipped into forced sleep after about an hour.

They would soon leave Nightmare alone after they were done.

But until then, let's check in on Killer and Cross.

In front of Bates's castle an area was set up. The area was a wooden plank standing straight up, and on top of the plank another smaller but firm plank out forwards, in all it looked like an upsides down L.

On the edge of the small plank, a noose hung from the edge, under the noose stood a small chair.

Execution.

That's what would happen.

Cross and held hands as they moved through the crowd, they stayed silent as they spotted the noose hanging from the plank.

The two of them had followed the wagon as close as they could, not stopping once.

It took a long time to get to Bates's castle, in all it was a tiring trip.

Everyone was gathering around waiting for Nightmare to be brought out and executed.

Bates did not want to keep Nightmare around, he probably hated her for running.

Cross was looking around for a good way to get in the castle when Killer pulled on Cross's arm.

Cross turned his head to meet Killer's gaze. Killer pointed at a young man that looked a lot like Nightmare.

"That's Nightmare's twin brother.."
Killer murmured.

Cross nodded his head, he's only heard a bit about Dream, but he seemed like a good guy from what Nightmare told him.

Cross watched as Dream hurried into the castle passing the guards with ease.

They only let Dream through because he was royalty, it made it easy for Dream to get in.

Cross basically knew that the Dream would not be able to free Nightmare.

Cross and Killer would have to sneak in still and talk to Nightmare though.

Killer nudged Cross, "I wanna talk to him when he comes back out.."

Cross nodded again.

Dream had only gotten to Bates's thrown room before he was stopped.

"What a pleasure to see you again, Dream." Bates exclaimed as Dream walked up to him.

"My sister, look we can talk this out! Please you can't just kill her!" Dream blurted out before he could reclaim his state of calmness.

Bates just stared at Dream with a bored expression, "Can't do that. I want that thing dead. It's a monster, doesn't deserve to live." A horrid laugh follows after he finishes his words.

"She.. and she's my sister! Look if it's money you want, than I'll do my best to pay you! You can't just do this!"
Dream hisses as he starts to get frantic.

"Don't you have a wife to be getting back too?" Bates barked as he leaned back in his throne.

Dream looked down at his feet letting Bates smile at his misery.

"Guards! Take this lad down to see his sister.. for hopefully the last time."

Dream paled at that, he didn't like that thought. Nightmare had always been there. Always.

Dream glanced at the guards as they moved out of the way of a door.

When they opened it Dream rushed through wanting to see his sister.

Dream sprinted down the stairs and took a left he felt his heart sink when he finally saw her.

Rushing to the cell, Dream grabbed the bars keeping him from his sister.

Nightmare jolted, obviously startled.

"D-Dream!?" Nightmare stuttered as she sat herself up from the protective ball position she was in.

Dream seemed to tear up seeing his sister after being away from her for so long.

"I'm sorry! I can't get you out.. please.. forgive me! I'm sorry! I-I love you so much, I don't want you to die!"

Dream broke out in sobs.

Nightmare quickly limped her way to the bars grasping Dream's hand best she could.

"It's alright, everything okay.. it's better this way.. At least you get to be there when I die.. I won't be alone."
Nightmare tried to reassure Dream, but Dream only seemed to sob louder.

Once Dream reclaimed his calm, Nightmare told him about what has happened since she left their parents kingdom.

Nightmare also asked how Dream was treating Blue and how his people must love him so.

When the two were forced to separate, Nightmare could only watch with tears on the edges of her eyes.

Dream had broken into sobs again as a guard pushed Dream all the way outside.

Nightmare had already lost hope for life.

But Dream, Dream didn't have a plan but he would do everything in his power for his sister to live on.

Dream wiped his face with his hand as he exited the castle.

The most quietest and isolated place with not many people was a small corner that really led nowhere.

So Dream went to sit there alone.

Only alone was thrown out as soon as Killer and Cross came and sat right in front of the small King that came across the country.

                                          1028 words