Chapter Twenty-one

Nightmare gasped as a bucket load of dirty water was poured over her.

Springing up from her laying position, in a dazed state Nightmare looked around wildly.

Staring at the guard who through the brownish looking water at her with disgust, Nightmare stood up facing the two guards that stood in front of her.

The guard who poured the water over Nightmare's head seemed to just really not care if Nightmare disliked him.

The second guard though, had his emotions shining through his face.

The guard seemed to feel uncomfortable and felt probably remorse for Nightmare.

Nightmare rolled her eyes at the thought.

"Sleep well, princess?" The first guard spits out as he looks Nightmare up and down while leaning on the bars of the cell.

The guard must think he's being so funny, well he wasn't.

Nightmare took one look at him before wrinkling her nose in disgust at his presence.

Forcing a smile and squinting her eyes, Nightmare raised her hands a bit.

"I don't think I'm still a princess, and I don't have a kingdom to claim as mine, so I'm not a queen either.. I though you would be smarter than this mister.. should I call you bad breath man, druggie, oily face man, or just ugly man.. actually it would be boy, I don't see you as a man at all!" Nightmare teased smugly.

The guard stumbled on his words, obviously not expecting Nightmare to talk to him like that.

Nightmare rolled her keeping the cocky grin on her face.

Gracefully stepping over the small puddle on the floor, Nightmare stood face to face with the guard.

Nightmare smiled at him dumbfounding the guard.

The smile on Nightmare's face seemed to drop quickly as Nightmare firmly smacked the guards hand away from the bars of her cell.

The guard loudly as he jumped backwards from the sudden slap.

The second guard held his hand over his mouth as he witnessed the guard jump back.

Nightmare chuckled, as she was about to step away from the bars the first guards hand wrapped around her throat.

The guard pulled Nightmare towards causing Nightmare's face to smash into the cells bars.

Nightmare hissed lowly at the new stinging pain on her left cheek.

The guard gently moved Nightmare midnight black hair away from her ear as he leaned closer.

"You think you're so smart, don't ya!? Make one more snarky remark and I will personally rip out your pretty gemstone looking eyes and eat them."
The guard warned angrily.

And Nightmare thought she wouldn't be able to get more disgusted at him.

The guard let go of Nightmare's neck once Nightmare had forced herself to nod just to please him.

Nightmare gripped her cheek and neck.

The guard flinched at Nightmare's sleeve lifted a little showing her bracelet with all her gems.

Nightmare squeaked as the guard had reached through the bars and grabbed her wrist forcefully.

The guard glared at the bracelet as he tried to rip it off her wrist.

Nightmare screamed as she tried to pull her arm back through the bars away from the ugly guardsman.

"Let go of me!" Nightmare cried as she begged the guard to let go.