Chapter Twenty

(From now on, if I ever write about "Blue," his- well in this story's case, her, she will be known as Swap, not Blue okay, thank you.)

Killer and Cross sat on opposite sides of Dream not hiding the fact that they were completely turned to him just staring silently.

Dream felt very uncomfortable.

Who let these creeps near him!?

Couldn't a young king grieve in peace, without two weirdos staring at him.

Internally screaming, Dream continued to stare at his hands keeping his head down.

Cross leaned closer to the ground in front of Dream trying to get some kind of attention from him.

"You are Nightmare brother, right?"
Killer question getting inpatient with the silence.

Dream flinched nodding lightly.

"That's great!" Killer exclaimed as he hit Dream on the back excited.

Jolting upwards, Dream moved backwards glaring at them with disgust not fully understanding what Killer meant.

"Leave me alone! You have no right to be talking to me right now!" Dream hissed, angry at the two for bothering him at such a time.

Dream's eyes got puffy as he pulled his knees up to his chest and hid his face with his arms.

Cross and Killer stared at Dream baffled.

Killer crossed his arms as he looked at Dream's pathetic crying.

Letting out a huff, Killer shifted closer to Dream. "So very rude to treat the people who want to help you're sister escape and kill Bates."

Dream's head popped up quickly showing his puffy, golden, wide eyes staring at Killer.

"Guess we'll have to figure it out on our own, right Cross?" Killer announced knowing dang well what he was doing.

"You two are Killer and Cross!? Why didn't you tell me!" Dream exclaimed before quickly slapping a hand over his own mouth and looked around.

Cross facepalms while Killer doesn't look impressed.

"..Nightmare told me about you two when I went to see him.." Dream whispers to Cross and Killer.

"Nice to know the shorty didn't forget about us.. is.. is she angry at us-..me?"
Cross asks quietly.

Dream looks dumbfounded.

"What? No! What gave you that idea?"
Dream questioned.

Cross shook his head while rubbing his eyes, "just don't question me.."

Dream nodded quickly before looking over into the crowds.

Cross and Killer followed his gaze, freezing at the sight of Dream's wife.

Queen Swap.   (She is now called Swap, deal with it or leave please.)

They seemingly got married not very long after Nightmare left.

Dream was most likely very sad Nightmare couldn't attend the wedding.

Swap plopped herself right down onto the floor next to Dream not minding the dirty floor.

Setting her young adult book besides her, Swap takes note of the look on everyone's face.

"So how's the plan for saving Nightmare going?" Swap asks as she looks at the three boys.

Everyone stares at her, shocked.

Swap looks around at everyone and chuckles slightly. "Don't act surprised, it's obvious Dream, you love your more than anything!"

Swap let's his cheesy smile grow as she ruffles her husbands hair.

"Sooo, what's the plan, friends?"
Swap asks looking around.

Killer and Dream both seem to look at Cross seeming as they really didn't have a plan.

Cross looks back at them and sighs motioning for them to come closer.

"I was planning tomorrow to have to have Killer get close to the king to attack him at some point, and! While everyone's sees that I'll have a great shot at cutting the rope down freeing Nightmare, Dream, I was planning to for you to have keep an eye out for any flaws in our plan.."

Everyone nods, but there was a problem, how was Killer going to get close enough to Bates to get a good shot at him.

As everyone seemed to be thinking how to possible get Killer collide enough Swap picked up her book opening it and setting in front of herself.

Everyone looked over at her flipping through random pages.

After picking a random page, Swap looked over the words before stopping at the very last word on the page.

Swap's pupils seemed to get big as Swap stared at the word.

"..Distraction.."

Killer squints leaning over Swap's shoulder looking at the word Swap was looking at.

"Uh, What- that says braggadocio."
Killer says looking over to Swap.

Swap let's out some quiet dinosaur cry.

Killer and Cross stared at Swap as Dream chuckled quietly.

"..okay.."

Killer shrieked as Swap sprung up.

"Just leave it to me! I'll scream at some random person for littering, people do it everywhere so I'm sure I'll find a reason to flip out! And thennnn! When I start screaming the guards will come to check out why I'm sCrEamInGGG,
Leaving enough time for Killer to get closer to Bates while the guards distracted! Great plan!"

Killer stared at Swap with his mouth open a bit while Cross nodded slowly.

"That's.. actually not to bad, but are you okay with doing that?" Cross asks as regains his posture.

"Oh yea! I used to scold Papy for not picking up his clothes and SOCKS, trust meeee, I am more than capable."

Cross nods again.

"Okay, let's meet back here tomorrow than, don't say a word to anyone, not even you're sister Dream."

Dream nods slowly and helps Swap off the ground getting ready to leave and return in the morning.

Cross and Killer were just probably going to find some alley way with a fire ladder and sleep on some persons roof.

The four of them parted ways moments later not wasting time.

                                        933 words