chapter❶❾❾

"Jia-," his assistant began.

Jia Zijie didn't even look up. "Get out! Can't you see I'm busy? Visit Qianqian's manager-" A stack of papers was slapped on the desk, cutting him off. He looked up finally and saw that it was not his assistant standing before him.

"Jia Zijie, you're the only one getting out of here." Jia Zijie was shocked to see that it was the President of the Marketing Department from the headquarters standing before him, an angry and disappointed look on his face. "You have been suspended. Now, go home and wait for the final outcome of the shareholders' meeting."

Jia Zijie stared at him in disbelief. "No... we can turn this around. I just contacted Management to follow up on their decision to change the brand endorser. And anyway, Guangxin Entertainment is going bankrupt!"

"Open your eyes and see for yourself!"

Jia Zijie looked at the paper that was placed on his desk. The latest news with a bold, striking headline mentioned that their rival, Emperor's Diamond, was trying to contact Lisa to endorse their products. Jia Zijie's mouth fell open at the statement:

'Lisa's on-site performance was fully in line with the high-end image of a diamond endorsement and was even more striking than the previous brand endorser! You did not convey such important information to the group in time, but dealt with the matter improperly. You have to bear all the consequences and losses caused.'

Emperor's Diamond was the most powerful competitor of the Crocker Diamond Family Group. Their marketing strategies were different, and they held and fought for their place fiercely, year after year. And now, they have found Lisa.

Jia Zijie pushed away the paper in front of him and picked up his phone. He went to the Emperor's Diamond official Weibo. As expected, they had posted another statement on their blog:

[The Great Emperor V: Lisa Manoban, your sparkle is that of a voyager of the galaxy. With a century of creativity and the pursuit of true beauty, Emperor's Diamond cordially invites Madam Lisa Manoban to be our brand ambassador. On the road to the future, may we walk together in wind and rain and dispel the darkness of the world with every glimmer of light.]

Jia Zijie's face turned white. The comments under the post were overwhelmingly supportive of the Emperor's Diamond brand, and full of encouragement towards Lisa. There were promises to place orders as soon as Lisa accepted the offer. He was filled with loathing and anger. A few days ago it had been him requesting support for the brand, and his criticisms of the actress had somehow made her a heroine in the eyes of her fans which had led to this.

This! He stomped his foot in anger. It had almost led to a downfall of himself as well as the Excellent Diamond brand. Jia Zijie had miscalculated the situation. Lisa was clumsy, but she had a certain charisma that fans adored, and she was rich. So were her fans.

Guangxin's stock price had been so low that it almost hit rock bottom this morning, but because of these two videos, it had started to rise again! The endorsement invitation from Emperor's Diamond had fueled them even more.

***

Somewhere in a duplex apartment in the city center, a laptop screen was closed heavily. Chen Jiao sat on his desk wearily after having caught up with the whole drama on the internet; a few of Lisa's fans had verbally abused him. His handsome face was distorted.

"Everything happened so suddenly... The management also called. They want you to film an advertisement urgently to subdue the current unfavorable situation."

Chen Jiao scrunched his eyebrows. "They didn't inform me when they did such a stupid thing! And now you want me to put out the fire? Do they know what the internet has been saying about me?"