Chapter 152

The moment Zhou Lin saw Lisa's beautiful appearance as well as her confidence on TV, he thought that the role of the enchantress was tailor-made for her.

Lisa grinned. "Rest assured, director." Yesterday, she was forced to memorize her lines by heart, so now she would essay her role to perfection.

Nevertheless, as soon as he left, a middle-aged woman came out and walked towards Zhou Lin.

"Zhou Lin, I thought you never liked these... types of female artists? It is so not like you!"

When he saw the woman, Ni Yi recognized her immediately. She was the well-known screenwriter, Liu Yazhi. She may have some wrinkles on her face but she'd stepped out of the room elegantly as if she were a queen coming out from the palace. She was especially known for her bona fide historical scripts and for the rare inner beauty and elegance of female characters she had penned for different dynasties.

Since she was the screenwriter of this show, she decided to watch makeovers of main and supporting actors on the spot. However, it was obvious that she did not like the female artist Lisa, who had a tainted history. Looking at her, she showed a face full of disdain.

"The role of Yu Ji does not really have that much impact in the story, and she is not a purely superficial and beautiful woman," Liu Yazhi said with a frown. "In the end, she doesn't want to be invaded and committed suicide despite having a strong power in her." She looked at him and was very dissatisfied. "I didn't expect you to choose her for that role. If I knew it beforehand, I would've definitely not let you do the casting, Zhou Lin."

Zhou Lin thought for a moment and smiled instead. "Have you seen her performance in 'In the Limelight'?"

Liu Yazhi shook her head in response. "I have been redoing the script for months and I still have lots of fresh ideas in my mind, how can I have the time to watch? However..." she said and smiled bitterly halfway.

"My daughter showed me some latest trends. Lisa was recently quite popular. I have known her since I watched a few clips of her in that show. But Zhou Lin, seriously speaking, my conclusion is that she is not a professional actor at all. Her performances are mostly based on her beauty and her attributes, which rather forgets to highlight the role of the character in the script. This kind of female artist is not what I want. Every character, even a supporting role has its deep and complete element and facet, and they are not superficial."

Zhou Lin nodded seriously, but when he heard what she said, he reached out to stop her.

"I beg to disagree with you. Wait for Lisa to come out and see it for yourself."

Liu Yazhi did not expect that Zhou Lin was so confident of this female artist, who had zero acting experience and relied on her beauty instead. However, after working together for so long, she knew that no argument could convince him to change his mind.

Then it can only be resolved after seeing the outcome!

"Okay," she said blankly, "If I'm unsatisfied, I will ask for a replacement."

"OK!"

Just then, a man and a woman came out of the makeup room and decided to take photos in the studio. After discussing for more than half an hour and adjusting some of the actor's clothes, makeup and hair accessories, Lisa came out of the makeup room.

Lisa looked extremely exquisite and dazzling in her enchantress ensemble. Her makeup was also done in a charming and luxurious style, her beautiful eyes thickly outlined emanating an amorous air, and her attractive red lips were full and bright.

This was an exaggerated style and an unrealistic look that ordinary women couldn't pull. However, her petite face, at this very moment, was faintly resounding her bewitching beauty. She looked at the people in the studio and smiled, with elegance and demeanor, making them unwilling to take their eyes away from her.

She walked towards Zhou Lin and Liu Yazhi but did not greet them. Instead, she glanced at them lazily and indifferently full of pride. Liu Yazhi, who was full of doubts about her, was stunned.

Lisa's gaze appeared far-off, her watery orbs indifferent. Her lips were curved in insolence and her vanity was positively dripping, yet behind that was an inexplicable loneliness that seemed about to burst from the depths of her soul. But then, she quickly looked away in disdain, the tears that had escaped from her eyes being brushed off her face. In only these few seconds, several emotions had flashed across her eyes.

Upon seeing it all, Liu Yazhi's first impression of Lisa scattered in an instant!