Chapter 18

The scent of blood in the air made Aiden wake up from his deep slumber.
They just crossed the border of Crescent moon pack. Their last destination. He can see the tight security guards as they move deeper into the pack lands. 

I think the pack house is almost 10 minutes away.
Tylor informed him from the driver's seat.

He simply nods at him before looking back at a sleeping Gabriel on the back seat. Seems like they switched places when he was asleep.

The Crescent Alpha and Luna warmly welcomed them along with his parents. Alpha Liam was same age as Aiden. They were good friends from childhood since both of the pack had a great alliance with each other. Liam find his mate within one year after he shifted at eighteen and take over the Alpha position at twenty-one.

Even if everything went smoothly  they can sense the tense atmosphere among the pack members as they went towards their assigned rooms after the pleasantries.

Gabe are you okey man?

Aiden turn to face his companions as he catch Tylor's worried voice.

Gabriel was standing in the middle of the pathway without moving as Tylor shaked him. His heartbeat was pounding unevenly and he was sweating.

Dude! What happen to...

Aiden had to broke his sentence at midway as someone practically runned into them.
He watched with a confused expression as a female just paused infront of them and took the same pose as his friend looking directly into his eyes.

Tylor gasped suddenly like he know whats happening before them.

Gabriel take a deep breath while closing his eyes somehow breaking the spell, so does the shewolf. When they opened them again both of their eyes changes into pitch black showing that their wolves are in control and together they whispered..

Mate!

.
.
.
.
.

Lavender feels like her world was crashing down. She refused to accept whatever secrets Felicia was going to announce in any moment.

She was so afraid!

Without telling anything to them she walked into the forest. She can't handle the truth. Now knowing about Midnights, she was sure that Felicia was right about her existence all this time.

Lave stop...where do you think you are going? We are not finished yet! Its important that you should know about this.

She continued her pace without acknowledging her grandmother's shoutings.
Until Felicia called to her that..

I know you have this feeling of incompleteness in you Lavender! It will not disappear unless you accept it!

That did it!

She stops on her way before looking at the witch unbelievably.
How did she know about that? Lavender was almost sure that it was just a stupid feeling she had. She never knew it was related to her existence since she partially believed that her mate will fill that blankness.

After relieving a long sigh she briefed her condition..

I don't want to know anything about my biological parents! You can inform me everything excluding that!

She can see pain and hurt in Felicia's face from her words. Looks like she was close to her parents. Even if she feels a bit guilty she has to do this for the sake of her mind.

Fine Lavender! Am leaving that information for now.
But one day you will beg me to talk about them and regret about these words you expressed now.

Lavender can see the sheer determination on Felicia's eyes. She almost taken back her words but decided to be bold and stick to it by giving a nod as a response in return.

The witch march closer to her, then placing the right hand on Lavender's head, she closed her eyes and spelled..

expergiscimini

A chill had spread through her body after that. It made Lavender fall back on the ground with a thud on her knees.

Whats happening to her? Why is her body is so cold?
She can feel the shrill even at the tip of her nails.
It was a kind of torture she has to go through before her first shift.
But contrary to it she is feeling cold than hot.

What are you doing to me? She yelled at the witch while shivering.

She can see her grandmother was also feeling uneasy but there was a kind of admiration and amazement on her eyes as she watched her granddaughter, as she tried to approach her Felicia restricts.

After what feel like hours Lavender attained her normalcy, She balanced herself to stand, unable to understand what just happened to her.

But surprisingly she endures a  completeness which made her almost felt like a new person. More powerful and calm!

Thats it then!

Say the spell "surrecturus sit"
Felocia ordered to her as a demand.

In a dazed state she simply repeated  the same.. "surrecturus sit"
aimlessly looking towards the river.

All of a sudden the water in the river arised upward like they were summoned upon. Lavender take a huge step back with shock

Spell it again... Felicia whisper softly..

"surrecturus sit
Lavender simply follows the order.

This time she aimed at the stones at the banks with a utter fear and curiosity.

Without disappointing the stones also arised to the air.

Wait..did she just do that?? But how??.. Is she dreaming?

She looked at the witch disbelievingly for some answers.

The white witch simply twist her finger and everything change back to normal. She had a wicked smile on her face as she hugged Lavender while mumbling

The Last Hybrid with a witch gene...

To be continued....