Chapter 7

Lavender doesn't know what to say, she became tongue-tied because of the sudden turn of events.
She feels like yelling to the whole world about everything.
But deep inside she knows that she has to keep everything as a secret. And Aiden was the last person she expected to have an encounter.

Why are you here Lavender? At this time of night?
Aiden repeated the question. He was becoming impatient because of her lack of response.

I just needed some fresh air. She replied truthfully.
His face shows that he doesn't like that answer.
So she decide to be quite eloborative;

"I really wants some alone time after todays events." She answered locking her eyes with him.

You don't belong here in our world!

She suddenly remembers the reason why she was here at the first place.

Should she ask him about that? Will he answer her?
She was about to voice her thoughts but he beat her to it.

I Am walking you back home!

It was a demand. Without waiting for her reply he turns around and move towards the forest, she follows him silently. She already knows that its better to obey than argue.

It was on her last birthday party, they had their last argument. She suddenly teared up as those memories began to rash out.

You are not going to shift, Not now! Not ever! Just accept it.

You should have left our pack at the earliest when you don't shift at 18.

I don't have any idea how Brian, Jenny and Tylor keep up with you.

And listen to me carefully, don't ever try to mate with any of my pack members!
And even if they found their true mate in you, I will make sure they reject you as soon as possible!

Aiden always made her feels like an outsider, but hearing it over and over again feels like getting stabbed on a deep wound.

She don't even remember what was the reason for their argument and why she deserve those crude words. They always shows their anger towards each other and pull pranks as much as they can from childhood, but he was never express that much furious as that day. She never  mention about it to anyone. And she was damn sure her brother would have cut his friendship with Aiden if he came to know about that.
But Luna Lily somehow overhear their conversation and warned her son to stay away from Lavender.

And for a fact she refused to believes that a warewolf would reject their mate as per the order of any alpha. Well unless they want to stay on the pack, other wise they have to go rogue or move to other neighbouring packs facing alpha's wrath.

Getting rejected by your soulmate is the most painful experience. And she never wished to experience that. But thankfully her mate was not in their pack and all other males always keep a distance with her because of Tylor.

Above them the clouds cover the crescent moon and stars refused to shine brightly.

When she came back to the present, Its pitch black darkness around them and Its creeping her out.
How the hell did she make up to the waterfalls alone? must be the adrenaline!

She wipe of the fallen tears from her cheek, and walk faster so that she can keep up with him.

Warewolves have super eye sight, they can see through the darkness, that explains why he don't have any problem finding the route and she was struggling to find any.

The fresh smell of blood reach her nose. Must be some animal hunting over.

She stops abruptly when she feels like something was moving behind her but she was afraid to look behind for the confirmation.

Aiden stop!! She calls out shaking with fear.

Whats now? I don't have time for your bullshits Lavender!
He roared angrily at her, yet he did stop and walks backwards.

When he was at a hand reach she caught his hand and hold it tightly shocking them both.

Please..am afraid..I can't see anything, and I have a feeling that something is following us behind.
Lavender explained before he set off  furious and scream at her for touching him.

But to her relief, he just observe their surroundings allowing Lavender to hold his hand.
She hold it like her life depends on it.

There was a pure tranquil silence between them as they continue their walk after he make sure its safe. For a moment Lavender can see why all other shewolves go crazy on him.
And his hand feels so warm contrary to her icy cold hands.

When the forest was over she relaxed and let her guards down. There was warm yellow streetlights all around the pack lands. They move past the cottages of pack members. The whole pack was asleep. She looks down at their joined hands, even if she hates to admit, it feels so good.

She removed her grip when they reach her home, and even before she thank him for his kindness, he left without acknowledging her.

She stood there for a second, watching his moving back, unable believe that he had helped her to reach home safely, he should have leave her alone at that dark forest.

Why would he do that?

When he was beyond her eye reach, she runs into her home.

What an eventful day! For Lavender that day sounds like a dream.
But there was a constant small smile on her lips which refused to put down as she laid awake on her bed.
And for some unknown reason she feels so contended. She left out a deep sigh before drifting on to a deep slumber.

She can figure out everything in the morning!

To be continued....