forty nine

"You conniving ass bitch!" Evelyn shouted in Savannah's face.

After hearing the story from Marcus, Evelyn made her way over to the Murphy home.

Roman was in the shower when Savannah answered the door, something she wish she hadn't done.

"Is there something I can help you with?" Savannah smiled.

"You are one evil woman. Where is Roman!? Tell him to get out here."

"Can I help you?"

His voice filled their ears as they turned to him.

"You should be ashamed of yourself for putting your hands on a little boy. I will be calling the police, on both of you!"

"I haven't put my hands on anybody and lower your voice." He told her.

While Evelyn ranted, Marcus quietly sat next to Mariah. He thought about the repercussions of his fabricated story.

"No one will know."

"You sound stupid, Mariah. Why did I even let you talk me into this?" He complained.

"Because you're family and he ripped our family apart. He and Sydney don't get their little happy ending." Mariah stated.

Marcus shrugged. He hadn't known the whole story so he believed whatever Mariah said.

Meanwhile, Sydney glanced in Liv's backseat at her boyfriend smiling. Liv pretended to be disgusted by their affection as she drove down the street.

"Again, sorry for ratting out your Mexico trip to Asher." Spencer apologized.

Sydney giggled, showing Spencer an old photo of them at the beach.

"Stop apologizing. He would've found out sooner or later. I'm just glad I can start putting stuff behind me." Liv spoke, staring at her friends for a little too long.

Spencer grinned in response to the photo, thinking of Dr. Spear's advice. His senses heightened when he noticed Liv had been watching their interaction instead of the road.

"Liv!" He suddenly shouted, frightening the girls before they crashed into the parked car.

"No. Oh, my God." Liv gasped.

"Are y'all okay?" Spencer inquired.

"I think so." She replied.

Sydney sat there, quietly listening to the sirens get louder as the police car seemed to grow closer by the second.

"Oh, no. Oh, my God. No." Liv panicked, listening to the sputtering engine.

"Oh, my God! You have to switch seats with me before the cops come!" She told Sydney.

"What?" Spencer and Sydney exclaimed.

"Please, Syd! You have to switch seats with me! I'm not gonna pass a sobriety test."

"What do you mean, you're not gonna pass a sobriety test?" Spencer questioned.