thirty one

"Sorry about your baby or whatever."

"Evelyn... Not now." Dave sternly said, disliking her disrespectful tone.

"I'm trying to console you. That's more than your own daughter who doesn't want to speak with you... I mean, you got her pregnant, David?"

"Yes, I did. Why wouldn't I, Evelyn?"

"And that same reason is why your daughter hates you. Tuh! You're a joke.." Evelyn chuckled.

"Divorce me then."

"Every time you ask, I will tell you no. This marriage is a partnership and we have a business to take care of. I won't let you ruin in by getting the government involved. Be smarter than that, David."

Dave chuckled, shaking his head.

"You know.. you are a real bitch."

"At least this bitch didn't kill your baby. Mariah! Let's go, you're gonna be late!"

"I heard you the first time!" Mariah yelled back from her room.

"Little girl, I didn't ask all of that. Get your stuff, let's go."

At the James' residence, Sydney fiddled with her fingers as the others finished clapping. Spencer laughed, becoming shy from the attention.

"Thanks for coming over to celebrate my baby boy and 57th-ranked football player in the nation!" Grace thanked the group.

"Whoo!" They cheered.

"57th? Damn, bro! You know how many players there are in the country?" Coop asked.

"Naw. How many?" Spencer inquired.

"I don't know. That was a serious question. Somebody should really look it up."

"Over a million." Liv answered.

"Wow! For real?"

"We're all very proud of you, Spencer. Very proud. Okay, let's cut some cake." Billy said.

As Spencer and Grace disappeared into the kitchen, Coop nervously stared at Sydney, hoping she'd say something.

Sydney noticed her stare, paying it no mind as she went to sit on the couch.

"Did you grow?" Darnell joked.

"Oh, haha. Very funny, Humpty."

He cackled, shaking his head.

Spencer exited the kitchen, immediately noticing a sulking Coop. He followed her glances to his girlfriend, sighing.

"You're making it more awkward than it is." He whispered.

"Shut up."

He joined Sydney and Darnell, kissing his girlfriend's cheek, his eyes noticing the bags under hers.

"Hey, you okay?" He inquired.