thirty six

"You're serious?"

"David, could you address me please?" Mo spoke, taking his attention away from Evelyn.

"I don't need to address you, I need you to address Evelyn."

"And as Evelyn's lawyer, you will take to me. Is that understood?" Mo sternly said.

Dave grumbled, crossing his arms.

"Well, Evelyn's lawyer, I can discuss things with her without you."

"Can you just shut up and listen!? I'd like to get this out of the way so I can get back to work." Evelyn snapped.

"Which job?" Dave bluntly asked.

Mo glanced to Evelyn, shaking her head. Evelyn rolled her eyes, stepping closer to Dave.

"You wanted this so I'm giving it to you."

"What about our business?"

"I have that under control." Mo interjected.

"Yeah, I know all about your little side business. Now, as I said, you will address me and me only. Do you understand or do I need to write it in big, bold letters?"

Dave scoffed, brushing off Mo's disrespect.

"This is bullshit. You gonna take over my part? How will you handle it, Evelyn? You can barely handle your own damn daughter."

"Don't place the blame on me!"

"Enough! Now!" Mo shouted.

While Mo kept a handle on the shouting parents, at the James' home, chaos was erupting.

Sydney and Spencer slowly made their way to the front door with Jordan trailing behind.

"Doc cleared me for physical therapy. Low-impact stuff, swimming. So I guess I'll be using your pool a whole lot."

Sydney chuckled.

"And your range?"

"Probably 70%, according to Coach Baker. But he don't think I'm ready to play ball yet. I figured since he cleared me for PT, I can just play through the soreness, right?"

"Mm. Nah, I don't think so."

"You sound like Coach." Spencer said, lightly chuckling.

"I don't think playing through the soreness will be beneficial. What if your arm goes numb again?"

"But it hasn't." He lied.

"Okay, well, still. Take it easy."

Spencer nodded, nervously glancing to her before opening the door.

"Is it my turn to talk now?"

"You don't get a vote."

The couple laid their eyes on Darnell talking to his mother. Grace looked to them then back to Renee and her son.

"Okay, so I have no say in my future?"