52. ice skates

George POV

The bell rang and Clay quickly pulled away to open the door. I never thought he could pull himself together like that. In fact, I was the one who wanted to go too far a few times.

"Hey guys", I heard Clay's voice.
"Heyyyy", Karl said excited.
"Karl never went ice skating before, he's so excited", Nick giggled.
"Oh, it occurs to me, George, have you ever done that before?!", Clay yelled over to me.
"When I was little my parents would sometimes send me to my uncle who built his career on ice skating and he taught me well. I recently visited him again and skated with him. So, yeah, I'm pretty sure that I'm better than you", I went to them to the door.

"Better than me? Ouh, we will see my dear", Clay said, putting on his shoes. So did I and we left the house. The drive to the ice skating hall was about 20 minutes. We had taken Nick's car so he drove. Karl was in the passenger seat and the two of them flirted in some way the whole time. Clay and I sat in the back. Sometimes he squeezed my thigh or smirked and staring at me, probably to provoke me or something.

Finally we arrived and got out of the car.
"Hello", the man at the entrance said where you could pay for the ice skates and else.
"4 pairs of skates please", Nick said to him. The guy gave each of us a pair of ice skates when we had told him our shoe size. I had missed that. Even if I hadn't mentioned it before, it was my absolute favorite activity because every time I did that, I was able to escape my regular life.

"Come on guys", Clay said who had his skates on first. When the rest of us had our skates on, we all went together to the large area where around 10 people already were skating.
Nick took Karl by the hands and tried to teach him while Clay and I both were firmly convinced we were better than the other one. Clay just went onto the ice and started to skate, than I joined him. I caught up quickly and we did a few laps next to each other. At some point Clay made it faster and so did I. It started to run towards competition and we both enjoyed it.

Suddenly, when Clay was minimally in front of me, he turned around and skated backwards. He tried to influence me, but I took the chance and drove past him quickly, because you are faster forwards than backwards. He, too, finally caught up again. We battled each other until I eventually got slower.
"What's up?", Clay stopped.
When he stopped, I looked at him briefly and then at the floor. He started looking at me with concern.
"George, if somethin-" And there I raced as fast as I could and left him behind me.

"You're an idiot!", I heard him laughing behind me while he continued skating. Now that I was in his field of vision, I showed him what I was capable of. I put my feet together and twisted a few times while skating. When I got back into position, I looked back at Clay, who was staring at me, totally shocked. Then I quickly looked ahead again. Well, that wasn't everything I could do.

I took a run up before jumping by doing a half-turn and landing on one leg again.
"What?!", Clay yelled, totally surprised. I smirked at him and continued skating normally. Actually that had been really risky, because the chance that I could've failed wasn't that slim. The last time I did this spin was a year ago, but luckily I could still do it.
I took my hands behind my back and skated relaxed, as if that had just been taken for granted.
Quickly Clay caught up and smiled at me broadly.

After we just chilled out for a few minutes skating and Clay took my hand at some point, the ice rink began to turn on the music. The first song was actually pretty epic and I drove off with all my power. Clay felt encouraged too and raced after me with a laugh. When he caught up, he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him, causing me to lose my balance a little.
"What are you doing?!"
Then he took my legs with the other arm and lifted them up.
"Clayyyyyyy", I yelled, "That won't turn out well!"

I was now laying in his arms and holding onto his neck.
"Nah, you're fine", Clay said while he just continued to skate. Then I got an idea.
"Throw me!", I said.
"What? Are you crazy?"
"Trust me, throw me!"
"Alright..." and with that he grabbed me and threw me up to the side. I focus and landed on both of my legs with an elegant twist.
"WHAT?!", Clay yelled who had looked at me. With a giggle I caught up with him again.

"Okay, your uncle DEFINETELY taught you something there", Clay said amazed.
After a while of more skating, a new song came up. It was a bit romantic, but also very dance-like. Clay probably took this as a good opportunity and made me stop. He knelt down and raised his hand to me.
"Dance?", he smiled.
"Sure", I giggled and took his hand.

We drove off hand in hand and made a couple of slow turns together. We skated some kind of dancing. Obviously you can't really ice skating dance if you're not a professional skater, but we made the best of it. He held my hand and my waist and gave me a beautiful feeling.
Eventually he let go of my waist and twisted me out and back in on my hand. I had never done this before but it was fun and I laughed.
"You're so beautiful", Clay smiled at me, slightly blushing.
"You know, maybe we should learn this as a real hobby?", I said giggling, "We would look so handsome together ice skating. When I just imagine you....wow" I looked at him with a broad smile.

"You're such an idiot", Clay giggled, shaking his head.
"No, I'm completely serious. Just imagine that", I said totally excited. Of course that was a joke, but the imagination really looked amazing.
"Alright, let's keep going baby", Clay giggled and pulled me with him by my waist.
Gosh, my heart always melted when he called me that.

_____________________________________________________

~1.097 words~