Abruptly stepping away from my body, Alec swoops in within the same second, he too kissing me in hello.

It's only been three minutes of being around them and I already both want to know all about their day, as well as if Caleb and Xavier are going to feel as good inside of me as Alec did.

Speaking of the third man, "Where's Xavier?" I ask as the three of us walk inside of the house.

Glancing around, I don't see him anywhere.

"He left for a small getaway yesterday, but he'll be back for tonight, I promise." Alec assures, guiding me into the living room with a hand on the small of my back. Caleb is close behind.

Concern for Xavier fills my mind, but I force myself to not think the worst and that he's probably perfectly fine.

"Don't you ever worry he won't return?" I ask, instantly warmed by the burning fireplace crackling beneath the mounted flat screen television.

I find the table centered across from the sectional is covered in an assortment of cheese and cracker platters with grapes and wine along with it.

Is this a date?

"Never permanently," Caleb answers the question taking over the majority of my thoughts.

I don't want to be clingy if a simple trip is all this is, but when he suddenly up and leaves with no message, it just doesn't always sit well with me.

My attention flicks down to the ring currently banded around my pinky. It hasn't left my hand since it was given to me.

"Xavier always comes back," Alec adds, seeming unbothered by his friend's absence, and I decide to drop it for now.

They did in fact set this all up for me.

"Caleb and I thought we could maybe watch a movie while we're waiting for his return." Alec smiles, nodding over to the food assortment and throw blankets already placed on the couch.

"That works," I flash a grin of my own, taking a step into the living room and onto the plush carpet.

I only make it two steps though before Caleb sneaks up behind me and scoops me up into his arms.

"Caleb!" I laugh as he walks me right past the table and gently plops me down next to him on the couch.

His arm doesn't waste a second wrapping around me, while Alec sits on my other side and takes my legs into his lap.

"I'm glad you're here, darling." Caleb plants a kiss on the top of my head as my body nestled into his.

"Me too." I grin, relaxing into both of their touches.

More than they know.

_______

"That has to be one of the worst movies I've ever watched." I giggled at Caleb's reaction to my words.

"What? How could you say that?" Caleb defends what he earlier described as 'one of the greatest movies of all time'.

"I have to side with Madelyn on this one, dude," Alec groans, also unable to comprehend what we just watched.

"Howard the Duck is a classic."

"Is it?" I raise my eyebrows in challenge, "It also doesn't change the fact that I will never let you pick a movie again." I say in all seriousness, though I'm mostly just emphasizing it to tease him.

"You really hated it that much?" Caleb asks, and I pull away from where I was leaning against him ever so slightly to look him in the eyes.

"I will die happily knowing I will never watch that movie again."