GOOD DAYS CHAPTER 10

Start from the beginning

"You don't look very happy to go in." I turned my head to look at Onika. I tucked my lips in before sucking in a breath and slowly letting it out.

"Let's just do this." I concluded that it was just my nerves as I knocked on the door two times. I watched the knob shake before seeing a Little open the door. Her attire gave it away. Pink fluffy dress, heart necklace, white socks, and matching flats.

"Hello, I'm Lauren. You must be Onika," she says grabbing Onika's hand. Onika looked up at me as if she was asking for permission to go with her.

"Go ahead, make friends. I'll be right here." I gave her a supporting smile before letting Lauren take her inside. Following behind, I realized I was wrong. The house was filled with Littles. I wondered where the caregivers were.

"Hey? Are you Beyoncé?" I nodded as I reached my hand out for the woman to take. "Hey, I'm Normani, my little is Solána. She's the one with the big blue bow and the big hair." I glanced at all of the Littles, spotting Solána talking with Onika and Lauren.

"Hi, my little is Onika. She's the one with the black hair, bunny bag, and earrings. You honestly can't miss her," I said.

She chuckled, "Oh! No, you can't miss her. She's such a sweetheart I heard." Another woman walks up to us, patting my back, softly to greet me. I put on a smile, trying not to show how uncomfortable I was. It made me upset that she was touching me.

"Hi, I'm Megan Pete. It's nice to see you brought Onika here. She's already met Amala, that's my little." I could only look back, watching as she was touching Onika's bunny bag.

"Megan, This is Beyoncé. She's the one who came with Onika." Megan nodded, smiling as she took a sip of her drink.

This was all so new to me. I was happy I was deemed the caregiver of Onika but, all of these women were pushing the agenda that personal space wasn't a thing. I decided to sit in the nearest couch, letting my hair fall in front of my face. I thought they would get the message I didn't want to talk but Megan pulled up a chair, making Normani and the other caregivers come sit by me as well.

I could hear excessive giggling and I looked over to see Onika pointing my way with a cute little blush on her cheeks. I waved, giving her a small smile.

"So, how long have you and Onika been involved?" Megan asks, sitting a little too close. Didn't she have a-

"Not that long," I answered before looking back over at Onika. I hope she was having the time of her life because I was not.

"I can tell you're a new caregiver. Your body language gave it away," Normani says. "I remember when it was my first time. Megan made me feel welcomed though. We can see how uncomfortable you are, we don't want to push you into talking to us." I think Normani could be a good friend to me. She was the most understanding at the moment. Megan seemed like she was alright as well, just a bit touchy.

"Yeah, this is my first time with something like this. I thought this could benefit her." I leaned back, relaxing my posture before checking on Onika.

"You know, there is a lot of talk going on right now. We're supposed to have some other little and caregiver come in today," Megan mentions. "They're new to the community and wanted some tips so we agreed. I think Melanie would be pleased with our efforts trying to help the new ones."

"Do you know their names?" I questioned. She shook her head putting the drink to the side.

"All I know is, Ariana and Melanie don't really know they're coming in. We usually get approval for who comes in and who doesn't."

"So, why are they coming in if Melanie didn't approve of them yet?" Normani shook her head as Megan shrugged.

I had a feeling that something was off with this conversation. I checked on Onika again and I saw that she was already looking at me with tears in her eyes. I rushed over to her immediately and bent down to her level.