35 | PRAY

SO WATCH ME BREAK

It was honestly hilarious how people thought train stations were safe meeting places

It was honestly hilarious how people thought train stations were safe meeting places. These were peak theft spots, peak crime spots. Why would anyone ever agree to meet at train stations? But that foolery of a question wasn't mine to answer.

"Are you sure he's here?" I tossed yet another of the packet's gummy bears into my mouth. "Don't see him."

Dong Sicheng's voice was exasperated as it came through the line. "In a few minutes, bitch. Wait a lil', won't you? Mans gotta walk."

Sicheng was a surprisingly efficient team mate. He had been up and about doing many things the moment he had been discharged, starting from having a chat with Sunmi until she somehow blacked herself out and there he injected her with a suspiciously strong soporific drug.

I mean, I shouldn't be that surprised right? This guy practically runs a drug cartel, man. He has his hands on the real goods. Especially now that all sorts of drugs were left in his safe house not to be exported out yet. This was a sort of punishment to the Dong-Huang Clan who'd turned against him and the drug-starved, money-starved, job-starved lot of them were starting to show severe withdrawal symptoms.

The second step of his plan was to knock Lee Hoetaek and drag him into the abandoned warehouse we kept Sunmi in, and he was pretty successful at that. He was actually really good at this working solo thing, I really don't understand why I'm dragged into half his plans. He could clearly do them all by himself.

"He's coming from your left, stay alert- Stop eating those gummies already, God damn it," he groaned.

Sure enough, I saw Taeyong's figure make through the crowds. He had a cap over his head, shadowing his features, and colours he wore were normal enough to blend in. An extraordinary effort made by a guy who likes to stand out. I applaud.

When he noticed me, he started walking faster and I stepped forth, away from the pillar I was leaning. Wordlessly, I started walking. Without even looking back, I knew he followed. Confused but unquestioning, he followed me through alleys after alleys. Sicheng was right above, walking the top of tall walls as silently as a feline. In his hand was a tranquilizer gun, aimed directly at the Lee boy. Any moment now-

Lee Taeyong's senses were sharp. Dodging the first dart, his gun was drawn and cocked, but not faster than my fist could fly.

Sicheng whistled as I landed a solid punch, knocking the Lee boy out. "K.O," he said cheerfully, injecting the boy with his terrible sedative. "We're still quite a distance from the warehouae. Teamwork makes the dream work, so you take the hands, I take the legs?"

"What the fuck, bitch," I complained. "Why did you not consider this when you made your plan?"

He shrugged, "I considered this as a little family-bonding session. Now move it, baby sister."