30 | BENEATH YOUR BEAUTIFUL

❝ BEHIND YOUR BROADWAY SHOW, I HEARD A BOY SAY, 'PLEASE DON'T HURT ME' ❞

The House of Kim was beautiful in a way Lothlórien of the Lord of the Ring would have been

The House of Kim was beautiful in a way Lothlórien of the Lord of the Ring would have been. White marble walls, white marble floors, white crystal chandeliers and white marble ceilings. Everything was sparkling, polished and well-maintained.

I liked the vibe here and this was probably somewhere I'd study at, but I had a faint feeling the Kims didn't particularly like me. For what strange unknown reasons though? I've never acted out against any of them.

"You called?"

The said White Room was pretty tough to find, to be honest. Every room here was either cream or white.

Dong Sicheng looked up at my arrival, inclining his head in acknowledgment. "We gather today to discuss how to attack the Lee Clan," he gave me pointed look. "I figured you'd be interested to be a part of the discussion."

The smallest of smiles quirked at my lips, "I have good feelings about our future collaborations, Dong."

He mirrored my expression, "I see you brought Minghao."

The boy behind me bobbed his head at Sicheng politely, then eyed the single chair left at the round table.

I gestured with my eyes for him to take the seat, but he shook his head, mouthing something that looked like 'It's for you' in Chinese. I gave him a hard look now. Sit, I tried to telepathically tell him. Sit or else.

The idiot shook his head again.

"Sit, I'll sit on your lap or something," I whispered, pulling a fist back threateningly. "Sit down. Now."

The boy caved reluctantly and occupied the space, patting his thigh.

Sicheng looked between us with raised brows, but said nothing, a sort of dubious question in his eyes that I couldn't quite get a good read on.

"There are more chairs, you know," Yangyang, who I noticed for the first time was sitting next to Soyeon, said airily, making some gestures at one of the Kims outside. "This may not be a chair shop, but we don't lack chairs, y'know."

Soyeon cleared her throat when someone came scurrying in with another chair, placing it beside me. The circle about the round table shifted to make room for me and Hell, that was the most awkward three seconds.

I was currently situated between Choi San who purposely knocked his shoulders against mine when I sat down to announce his presence, and Minghao who was sitting next to the Kim heir.

"Now that we're all here, let's talk."

..

Bae Irene loved the French. She loved their culture, loved their food, and loved their wines- Rosé des Riceys, in particular.