17 | LUCIFER

❝ I'D MUCH RATHER DANCE WITH THE DEVIL THAN SING WITH ANGELS, WOULDN'T YOU? ❞

The person trying to hit me up was relentless. This was the fifth time I was just blind jabbing the hang-up button already. What the fuck did people want from me? Tryna get some education here.

The sixth time my phone rang, I decided to fuck Jeon Wonwoo's precious school rules and check out who on Earth was trying so hard to get my attention-

Yangyang?

A billion thoughts raced through my mind as I accepted the call, in spite of Wonwoo's warning look. "Hello-"

Wherever he was sounded chaotic. Someone in the background was yelling 'clear, clear, clear' and something was beeping, some machine...

My heart stopped for a good second. "Yangyang?"

His voice came out choked, "They came for Renjun."

The four words had me shooting out of my seat, dumping everything into my bag and racing out of the classroom.

The teacher screamed after me, chasing me all the way to the door, where I ramped into San who was being punished to stand outside for not bringing his books.

"Geez," the Choi boy complained, hissing at the impact. "When will you-"

I pushed him aside, sprinting for the stairs.

"Yah, where are you going?" he called out, watching me in confusion. "Are you really ditching? Are you crazy? They're going to call your parents!"

"I don't care!" I screamed, pissed off.

"Oh my God, you've really gone mad," he was suddenly running down the stairs too, matching my pace easily. "Where are you going?"

I can't trust this guy. I can't trust this guy. I can't-

"Seoul High."

His brows skyrocketed at the prestigious school's name, "And may I know for what?"

I gritted my teeth together. "To find a bitch."

"Questionable but I like that spirit. Which bitch?" he continued conversationally.

I stopped. "None of your business, Choi."

The boy frowned at me, "No, on the contrary, it is. I'm coming along. You need a ride, don't you?"

Suspicion pulsed through my veins. He was suddenly being way too nice, and what I'd just found out about him didn't make him any more innocent. But what did I have to lose? If he was really in a Clan, he was going to find about me and my interesting friendships soon. It was just a matter of time.

"You drive?" I eyed him critically.

The boy pulled out a ring of keys and jiggled it. "No, I walk fast," he said sarcastically. "Which bitch are we going to Seoul High for?"