26 | CENTURIES

❝ BUT YOU'LL REMEMBER ME,
REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES

❝ BUT YOU'LL REMEMBER ME, REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES ❞

It was always the waiting game that was the worst. You couldn't eat, in case you get indigestion, and you couldn't drink, in case you had to pee and missed your target during then. You most definitely couldn't nap, nor play mobile games in case the target zooms pass and you miss them.

Basically, you were only allowed to stone. Stone attentively, at that. Earpiece re-fastened in my ear for the fifth time now, I draped my arms over the front of the motorcycle I 'borrowed' for this particular day and event. My sincere condolences to whoever this belongs to, because the next time you're seeing your vehicle is probably going to be on the news tomorrow morning.

"Is she near yet?" I prompted Guanlin through the earpiece for the nth time, tapping my feet distractedly against the side of the cycle in a way I'd probably hear no end from Minghao for if he'd witnessed it.

"Dude," Minghao's voice came through from his end, which was noisy as fuck, by the way. A total party going on there or some. Must be nice being at the race site. I'm really here missing out, huh. "It's not even through with the second race yet, chill."

I blew the hair that flew into my face from my eyes, letting out long guttural groan. "Why is time moving so slowly? I'm so bored!"

There was a tsk on the line which I swore was from that bitch Jimin who was on patrol duties too, but at the race site. He was the last resort, the final plan, if their estimation went wrong and Sunmi did not come this way, or if I had somehow died or failed my part. As tiny and doubtful as he looks, he was actually pretty fast and strong. He could probably knock a full elephant out before it could even blink, thus making him the perfect guy for the last resort plan.

Sicheng was supposed to be at the race site too, but weak bitch got a lil too injured this afternoon and was now ward-arrested until he recovered, so Minghao was going to be racing for his life for real now- something that made me insanely worried no matter how many times both Sicheng and the Xu boy tried to convince me all would be fine.

It's not that I doubt Minghao's fighting skills. But damn, people from both the Dong-Huang and Lee Clans are coming and that's a lot of people.

Guanlin was doubling as a get-away driver and the eyes on the road, having hacked through the CCTVs about the region and was now religiously studying them, waiting for Sunmi's car to show.

"Are you sure she's going to be driving?" The icy breeze of a quiet late night raked its fingers through my hair, biting fiercely against the windbreaker I stole off Minghao the last time I visited his house. It was huge on me, considering his taller frame and unhealthy obsession with getting oversized clothes. "She could be hailing a taxi."

"And risk leaving the race site all bloody in another taxi?" Guanlin was the one who responded this time, "No, Yilin. Not likely. She's more on the lowkey end." I could hear the faint tapping on his fingers against his laptop's keyboard, amidst the roaring cheers from Minghao's end. Wherever Jimin situated himself was strangely quiet. Away from the bustle. Or maybe it just blended into Minghao's blasting audio.