14 | SHOOT ME

❝ VENI, VIDI, VICI ❞
( i came, i saw, i conquered )

Existing, I realised during one of my late night grooving and emo-ing moments, was actually pretty easy

Existing, I realised during one of my late night grooving and emo-ing moments, was actually pretty easy. We just enjoy complicating and making shit so hard for ourselves that living was difficult.

"Coming in from Minghao's end, get ready the lot of you," Guanlin's static voice came through the earpiece hooked into my left ear.

I was kneeling on a slanted roof above what I hope wasn't somebody's house, because I wasn't exactly quiet climbing up. And also because I just spotted a dead bird squashed in the rain gutter. Disgusting.

"Target in zone, now tailing," Minghao response too came through shortly. "In your zone now, Wang."

Sure enough, a tinted van curved into the lane I was supervising. This was going a little too smoothly in my opinion, but I wasn't going to voice it out and accidentally speak something bad into existence.

The chilly night breeze rushed against me as I launched myself off the roof, knees bent to secure a safe landing. I was suddenly extremely grateful for all the trainings Grandmaster Lai had forced down my throat. I wouldn't have survived so much as a day without them, honestly. Stepping down the road the van was flying down, I turned my back towards the headlights, taking slow deliberate steps. I could hear the distant high-pitched yelling from within the van to swerve, to brake, to do anything. They clearly thought it was just some random pedestrian, because damn, pretty sure, they'd be ramming the accelerate pedal if they'd seen who I was properly.

When they finally reached a sharp halt a little away from me, the driver stepped out and yelled, "Hey you! You! Kid! Get out of the way! Do you have a death wish?"

I continued forward in the same speed, unfazed and I heard him let out a deep angry sigh. Heavy footsteps drew near and the man extended a hand-

My blade went through his jugular, knife cleaving through his skin like warm butter- easily. He gasped, blinking fervently and I turned about slowly, watching horror and recognition dawn upon his features. "W-W-Wang..." he attempted to say as loud as he could to warn those in the van, but how loud could you get with your throat torn? "Yi-"

I ran my blade up, then jerked it out, a shower of crimson splattering onto the black asphalt ground, following my knife's wake. The man then collapsed in front of me, dead.

There was a single moment, one single stunned second, those in the van simply stared at me in bewilderment.

I cocked my head and an unexpected ground-breaking explosion resounded behind me.

..

"That," Yangyang mused, sliding his helmet off when they reached their destination. "Was easier than expected."

The smile on Jongin's face was as painful as that of his teacher's when Yangyang and his friends entered class an hour late. "Yeah, we had like what? Fifty riders tailing us? And you had to blow up a whole road? And we've only just reached their Headquarters? Very easy indeed."