29 | RAINING

❝ NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THAT GRIEF FELT SO LIKE FEAR ❞

Did I expect something so petty coming from Lee Taeyong? Yes

Was I mad? Yes.

Was I going to do something to get back at him three-folds worse? Y. E. S.

School was cancelled for the rest of the day as expected, no one had any mood to study or teach when a boy had just died in the middle of the school quadrangle.

There were always that immature few who were still laughing and taking selfies like the life and death of a person was such a big joke to them. Your school mate died for fuck's sake. Have some respect. I had surprisingly managed to keep my calm, but San had moved me away from them as quickly as possible.

Speaking of San, the Choi boy hadn't left my side since the police came and took Xiao Zhan's body away from me, he had then ushered me out and offered me tissues to wipe myself clean. As much I wanted this blood to stay on my skin and remind me what my anger was for, I couldn't if I wanted to walk out of the school gates.

"Where do you want to go?" San asked me softly, as we stepped into the carpark.

I felt numb all over. Not just because I'd been kneeling beside Xiao Zhan for nearly half an hour in the burning hot sun, but also because I could emotionally feel nothing. When the anger became one with me, I felt nothing. My mind was surprisingly silent, not even racing with self-blaming thoughts even though this was very much my fault. I didn't know how I was going to face Xiao Zhan's parents. I didn't know how to even pay the boy back. For everything. He was a wonderful team mate. A good friend. And I had made him a promise I couldn't even hold to the end.

"I don't know," my voice sounded faint even to my own ears, weak even. It was start to kick in now, the sorrow.

His eyes softened in a way I had never associated him ever being. "Do you want to go home?"

Home. My home wasn't a place. It was a person. The only person who was willing to trade his entire life and future for me.

"Minghao," my best friend's name slipped from my lips. "Yes, I need to tell him." He'll understand. Minghao always does. He knows me better than I know myself. He knows me for who I was behind this wall of anger and this loud personality. If there was anyone I should go to now, it's him. He quiets my thoughts.

The Choi boy whispered an 'Okay' and helped me on his motorcycle and off we went.

He had dropped me off at the gates of Gangwon, but hung back until I had gone completely into the school.

The security guard opened his mouth as I passed him, as if wanting to tell me I wasn't allowed in, but when he saw my face, he instantly closed his mouth.

Minghao's classroom was easy to find, in spite of the time I hadn't been here.

Things were still as chaotic as ever. Just walking down two corridors, I've already passed five different mass fights and this was supposedly class time. I pass Kim Doyoung's, the Gangwon Basketball Captain, classroom but felt no energy to interact so I walked on. I felt the looks passed towards me, heard the whispers, but I couldn't even care enough to respond. Stopping in front of Classroom 31c, I turned and stared in blankly, eyes searching.