24 | PARANOIA

❝ DON'T YOU LOOK BEHIND ❞

"Skipping school? That's not very you, Yeon-ah

"Skipping school? That's not very you, Yeon-ah."

The Kim heir chucked a random pencil lying on the desk at him, which he swiftly caught between two fingers.

"Someone's mad," Yangyang clicked his tongue. "What happened?"

They were currently chilling in Soyeon's office in the Healing House of Kim, something that had started becoming a commodity as of late.

"The Dong-Huangs came to my school to look for Dong Sicheng today."

The Liu boy hummed, "Oof. Nice school security you have there."

"They were armed, the security stood no chance," Soyeon waved dismissively. "And Hell, the school ain't worth being stabbed to death for."

Yangyang never thought he'd live to a day Seoul High School- a nation top high school- would be dissed this way, but life was often surprising he supposed.

"So you're mad they came for your man?" he summarized. "I mean, is that supposed to be real surprising? He is their Number 1 enemy now, considering he's allies with their previous Number 1 enemy Yilin. That's like betrayal on a whole different level."

She threw him a look, "I know. That's not why I'm upset."

A sigh dripped from his lips, "Okay, then why are you mad?"

"He's being closed off and sneaky again," she muttered. "I don't like it, it makes me feel uneasy."

The Liu boy supposed he could related to that to a certain level. It had always felt like that with Yilin. She was always out doing something really concerning and never telling anyone until it was forced out of her. He knew she was more than capable of taking care of herself, but the thought that she might be in danger some way or somehow made him uncomfortable all over.

"Am I no longer trustworthy?" the girl rambled. "I'm literally showing 100% of my support right now. I'm a possible ally, hello!"

Yangyang let out a short laugh, "Look at you. So willing to throw Lee Taeyong under the bus for your new flame."

She grew even gloomier at that, "Sicheng's not a flame."

He quirked a brow, "Trouble in paradise?"

"There was never a paradise to start with," she said sourly. "It's always mixed signals and contradiction with him."

Yangyang supposed that was true. Dong Sicheng was the living breathing epitome of duality. No one could really read what was going on in his pretty little head, read what was behind his innocent sparkling eyes.