08 | CLAP

❝ HODIE MIHI, CRAS TIBI ❞
(IT IS MY LOT TODAY, YOURS TOMORROW)

❝ HODIE MIHI, CRAS TIBI ❞(IT IS MY LOT TODAY, YOURS TOMORROW)

Choi San was devastated. He was absolutely crushed.

For a whole full week he'd patiently waited, refuting all his team mates complains of having a practice so soon, and in the end for what? Nothing. His favourite indoor Court was booked. For what? A stupid tennis match.

"There are other Courts," the receptionist inputted helpfully, trying to dissuade his hot, rising rage. "Those beside it are mostly available-"

San fixed the lady with the coldest pissed off look he could muster. "Then why isn't the wretched Tennis match held in those Courts instead?"

The receptionist shifted uncomfortably, "Well you see, the Court it is currently held in is the biggest and is probably the only one capable of holding spectators from both Gangwon Academy-"

His ears perked up at the familiar name. "Gangwon Academy?" the words tumbled from his lips before he could stop it, and his eyes darted to the receptionist. "As in the school the exchange students came from?"

The lady gave him a careful once-over, then slowly nodded.

That meant...

"What time does the match start?"

She checked the Court's schedule on her computer, "Three thirty."

"That's half an hour before the official class release for Year Two and Threes," he mused. "What a sly tactic to make sure as little people as possible sees our school team lose yet another match against Gangwon."

The receptionist blinked, "Sorry?"

"Oh nothing," he said carelessly, already walking to the door. "Have a good day."

..

"Wonu."

My table mate pointedly ignored me, still scribbling down notes like the studious student he was.

"Jeon Wonwoo," I kicked his shin, catching the book he tried to chuck at me before it left his fingers.

Status update: dying.

We were in Geography Class and man I was trash at this shit. I now miss Mr Wen and his big brain ways of teaching. He was such a cool teacher, should have written him a Teachers' Day card last year.

He snatched the book back, pushing his round glasses up the bridge of his nose in frank annoyance. "What do you want now?" he said in exasperation.

"Help me," I put my hands together in a begging motion, lowering my head the very slightest in a bow. "This is the last question, I promise."

Our exit card for today's lesson was this really difficult worksheet that I had absolutely no idea how to do. There was close to nothing in the textbook and I was starting to wonder if I'd even bought the right textbook to start with. How could a textbook be so unuseful? What was the textbook for then? Hitting people?