34 | BOSS

❝ YOU CAN'T OUTPLAY
THE PLAYER ❞

You could probably not find another person in the story with more issues than Choi San

He had it all like your local emporiums when it came to being problematic, you name it and he probably has it. Mommy issues, daddy issues, abandonment issues, attitude issues, almost everything under the sun, at this point.

His biggest issue however laid with communication. He didn't exactly know how to talk to people nicely, or well, basically check up on them. He didn't really have any role models to follow and he had never really needed to verbally express his concerns since the only people he cares about knew him better than he knew himself, and could read him like a book. He didn't need to verbally assure them they were here for them or he'd always be around to talk to. They knew it.

So now, he faced this issue. This dumb ass bitch couldn't read any to save her life, so he had to somehow express himself. And he didn't know if going with the classic 'are you okay?' was a good idea, because it was quite apparent the girl beside him was far from okay. The tire usually carefully hidden under her facades had begun showing and her eyes held a sort of empty that gave San goosebumps.

"Are you that surprised to see me alive?" she snarked, turning to meet his hesitant gaze levelly. Her usual irritating grin suddenly didn't seem so irritating anymore. "Surprise, surprise, bitch!"

He rolled his eyes half-heartedly. "You're insufferable."

Her eyes glittered with mild amusement, "Tell me something I don't already know."

San paused. Was this his cue? Was this God's sign? Whatever it is, he's taking it. "I'll be here, if you want to talk," the words spilled from his lips quietly. So quietly he wondered if the deaf bitch heard. "About anything. It really doesn't matter. Trauma dump on me, I don't mind."

She stared at him, long and hard, eyes still as blank as fresh canvases. "Who are you and what the fuck have you done with Choi San?"

His hand shot out to whack her but she dodged that quickly. A genuine smile cracking her passive facade as she patted his outstretched hand.

"Losing your touch, bad boy?" she taunted smugly. "Careful there."

"Fuck you, Wang," he grumbled, slapping her hands away. "Seriously, you're a prick."

The smile lingered on her lips. "So who told you what about me again?" she inclined her head. "Why the sudden concern?"

"I was in the ward beside last night," he said quietly. "Your dad was yelling pretty loudly too."

All glee evaporated from her face, replaced with a sort of devastation he never thought she would be capable of feeling. "Oh well, oops. Sorry for disturbing your rest?"