10 | ROLLER-COASTER

SOMETIMES I THINK YOU KNOW ME BETTER THAN I DO

❝ SOMETIMES I THINK YOU KNOW ME BETTER THAN I DO ❞

"So, what do you guys wanna do now?"

I jabbed a finger in the general direction of the mall entrance, "Go home?"

I was met with a chorus of jeers from Tzuyu and Yanjun.

"It's been such a long time since the five of us met, let's go do something fun together," the rich heiress flipped through the directory booklet, humming. "Hey, look, there's an ice rink here!" She pointed out, tugging Renjun by the arm. "Let's go, let's go."

Yangyang checked his watch. "I'm gonna have to sit this one out," he raised his bag. "Grandmother dearest asked me to make another delivery. Next time?"

Tzuyu pouted, "Huh, but the next time might be in a month's time. Our schedules rarely match up."

At that, the tennis prodigy narrowed his eyes, wagging a finger at all of us, "The next time better be my National Finals, shitheads. I don't care what big plans y'all have already made, you lot better cancel them to watch me play."

"We'll see," Yanjun feigned nonchalance. "If the hottest girl in school decides to throw herself on me, perhaps I might just miss it."

"Hottest girl whomst?" I snorted. "Headgirl Seohyun?"

Yanjun cracked a wide smile, "Of course, who else?"

..

Kang Hyewon wasn't half as much of a complete pretty-face bimbo everyone thought she was. She knew things, and one of which was that this Wang Yilin kid wasn't just anyone.

She stuck out like a sore thumb in her clique, and even the stupid could see that. She wasn't exceptionally clever, nor exceptional rich, not even exceptionally pretty, how did she manage to squeeze herself into Huang Renjun's tight circle? There had to be something to her beyond the surface.

When the whole Basketball Court fiasco blew over, she approached Choi San, who was- for the first time- sitting alone and in pretty deep thoughts.

"Was that pink-haired guy-"

"The Liu Clan heir?" San finished her sentence. "No shit. There isn't that many Liu Yangyangs in Korea who could pluck a flying wrist going at that speed from air with such ease now, is there?" Harsh sarcasm laced his voice like venom, sending a sting through the girl like he'd suddenly grown fangs and bit into her.

He was always like that when he couldn't figure everything out the way he expected himself to be able to. In this case, it seemed that even after so many run-ins with Yilin, he'd still yet to entirely unravel the girl's deep dark secrets out, still yet to make sense of her behaviour, still yet to figure who she really is. And he was annoyed. Very annoyed. This was starting to feel like a big insult to him.