016. ꕥ Siblings

Start from the beginning

"Jo, I've looked everywhere, I — I can't find her."

"It'll be okay. You finish checking the tents, and I'll look in the Dropship. Sound like a plan?" I asked.

"Yeah."

We then split up in search of the missing Blake sibling.

❣︎

After me, Bellamy, and a newly added Clarke searched the whole camp twice; we'd determined that Octavia's not here. It had my heart dropping to my stomach a little, wondering where the missing Blake sibling could be.

Bellamy decided to wake everyone up and demanded that they search for Octavia. I'd do the same thing for John if I could. I got what he was going through more than anyone — I understood how scared he was.

"Hey, everybody, gather around, grab a weapon." He ordered the now active kids before dropping a tarp filled with weapons out for everyone to take one. I saw something oddly familiar, which had me narrowing my eyes at the object. Picking said object up, I recognized it as my brother's knife, the same one used to kill Wells. I decided I'd take that, even if it were the thing that killed Wells, it reminded me of my brother, and that's good enough for me. I put a tight grip around the yellow handle as I listened to Bellamy announce, "My sister's been out there alone for twelve hours. Arm up. We're not coming back without her."

I walked alongside a now somewhat healthy Jasper when Clarke stopped him. "Hey Jasper, you don't have to do this. You haven't left camp since we brought you back."

"Clarke, I need to do this." He told her. I could tell he had so much fear in his voice, but he wanted to do this for Octavia.

Jasper had only been active for a matter of days, and I wouldn't lie and say that I wasn't worried about him because I was. Who knows what could happen out there and who knows if Jasper would be ready for it. It had me looking concerningly over to the timid boy.

"We need all the people we can get." Bellamy interjected, coming from behind Clarke.

Jasper and I continued to walk towards the entrance of the camp as I told him reassuringly, "I'll be right by your side the whole time."

"How are you holding up, Jo?" Jasper asked as we stopped at the camp entrance waiting for Bellamy with the group of people gathered around.

"Perfectly fine." I assured, trying to give him a convincing smile.

"Are you sure? You know you don't have to go out there either."

"Thank you, Jasper. But Octavia's my friend, and I want to help her." I said as I started twirling the knife in my hand.

The group started moving when I heard a voice speak up. "You know if you keep doing that, you're going to cut your fingers off."

"Ha, ha." I mockingly laughed as Bellamy came up to Jasper and me.

"You see that?" Some kid called out, stopping the group from moving. "Look up there."

Trying to see what they were looking at, I looked up at the stars to see many flicking lights. Only, they weren't lights. I knew exactly what they were, and my breath caught in my throat as I whispered, "No."