Worthy- Thor Odinson

[This is a continuation of Thor's "how we met" chapter. Look back on it if you need a refresher ❤️]

I was laid on a hospital bed while Bruce Banner sat in a chair next to me tapping away at his computer. I was currently in Tony Stark's lab, getting tests ran on me.

Thor was sure that I wasn't merely a mortal considering I could lift the hammer.

He explained that only those who are worthy can lift the hammer- which I understood- but what if I'm just a mortal that's worthy.

Just a really good and genuine person.

He still wanted tests ran though. I didn't mind- it's not everyday that you get to hang out with superheroes.

Still, I needed to either get to my mom's house so I can start cooking her birthday dinner or Thor needed to bring my family here.

I'm not missing my mom's dinner for the world.

"Excuse me Dr. Banner" I muttered. He looked at me and smiled, "Yes?"

"Will I be here much longer?"

"Are you in a hurry?"

"Yes, I have to get to my mom's house. It's her birthday and my siblings and I are making dinner"

"That's sweet" He said, "I can let you go- but I'm not done with the tests. Can you come back tomorrow?"

"Sure. I'll just have to go back to the store's parking lot to get my- oh my god my car"

That's when I realized my car was still at that store's parking lot- with a busted window. WITH THE STUFF I NEEDED TO MAKE DINNER.

"Your car?" Bruce questioned

"Thor's hammer flew through it." I admitted

"Really? All Thor told me was he met you in a parking lot and you picked up the hammer"

I giggled a bit and he helped me to sit up.

"Stay here while I go ask about that car of yours." I nodded and he left the lab, leaving me to look around.

See, I could have just stayed in the bed and waited patiently for Bruce to come back...but I didn't.

I got up and started to look around. I didn't touch anything, but I was looking at some equations on a white board when I heard voices behind me.

"So this is the woman more powerful than Thor, what an honor" I turned to see Tony Stark smiling at me- Smirking rather.

"Hi Mr. Stark" I grinned. I walked over to him and shook his hand. Bruce watched us intently-almost making sure Tony was behaving himself.

"Please, call me Tony" He raised my hand to kiss it. Whew, he was definitely a charmer.

"That's enough Tony. Tell her about the car"

"Oh yes, I had a tow truck pick it up. I don't know what you left in the car but we don't think anyone got into it- so no stuff stolen. It's in the garage, window will be fixed in an hour tops."

I squealed and hugged him. He chuckled and hugged back.

"Thor was very adamant that we get you to your mother. But, Dr. Banner did tell me he isn't done with the tests"

"Yes, I can come back tomorrow though"

"You can, or would you rather have your family come here for dinner- cooked by five star chefs, and after dinner we get right back into tests?"

Bruce rolled his eyes and pushed passed Tony, "She has prior engagements, Stark."

"I can stay, if it's so important. I'm sure my family wouldn't mine dining with superheroes"

Tony smirked and Bruce sighed

"Don't let Tony keep you here. You can come back tomorrow"

"No no no, the lady said she can stay. I'll send a limo to pick your family up and I'll get my chefs to whip something up"

"Are the tests finished?" We heard a loud, mighty voice ask. Thor walked in the lab, strolling over to me.

He smiled down, making the already present butterflies in my stomach flutter around.

"They aren't. We'll be finished with them after dinner"

"Y/n will be dining with us? Excellent. So you've decided to invite your family here?" Thor asked

I nodded shyly. Tony seemed to notice my sheepishness when it came to Thor but he didn't vocalize his thoughts. He just asked for my family's contact information and called them.

He then sent a limo to get them and asked me what i'd like the chefs to make.

I gave him a list of foods and laid back on the hospital bed to run some more tests while we wait on dinner and my folks.

Thor stayed in the lab this time, watching Bruce take blood and things of that.

"I'm sorry for all of this y/n. But a mere mortal, no special abilities or anything, being able to wield the hammer is something I've never heard of."

"It's fine. I get it." I shrugged, "But Stark mentioned something about whoever wields the hammer gets to rule Asgard" I teased

"Watch it" He laughed, "How much do you know of my planet?"

"I only know as much as I've read. I love Norse mythology. They say Asgard is a beautiful, fertile land. The plain of Idavoll is where the Gods meet to discuss important things. The bifrost- or rainbow bridge, gets you guys to other planets"

"Very good" He admitted

"Yeah.. I remember reading about Asgard and hoping it wasn't fiction- that was years before your brother attacked New York- and confirmed that Gods were indeed real"

"Midgard is so naive. Your people choose to believe that the extraordinary can not be reality. You want to be kept in the dark- maybe it's fear."

"Maybe... But I've always known there was....more?"

Thor nodded, understanding me.

"I can tell you're an impeccable woman, y/n. It was rather lucky that my hammer flew through your window"

"I guess" I giggled

"I would like to know you on a more personal level. You're special. We shall be what your people call best friends"

I beamed at the big, blonde oaf. He was so cute- so wholesome.

"I'd love to be your best friend Thor"

I didn't know it at the time, but I'd end of marrying my best friend.

__________________

Sorry for mistakes ❤️

I really wanna make a book where me and the readers discuss certain things (such as ghosts, aliens, Gods, etc...)

I'm such a curious mind surrounded by incurious people.

So, should I make it? (Btw Loki book is still coming soon 💚)