•23•

I paced the airport. Going back and forth at the entrance wait for Bee's arrival. I got there an hour or so early because I was so excited I couldn't wait. Most people's favourite place is Disneyland or a carnival, mine was the airport.

I couldn't tell you specifically why I loved the airport. The rush of the people trying to get to their flights. How it's always packed and busy. I just loved the feeling of being in that sort of environment. I sat on one of the airport benches picking at my nails. Waiting for a call or text from Bee.

Bee 🐝 : I'm in security getting checked!!

My face perks up when my phone screen lights up in my lap.

Lia: ok!

I jump up from my seat making my way to the gate she was supposed to exit from. Where is she? I walk back and forth in front of the gateway. The security guard was eyeing me. I tried to walk past him and sneak into the other side without being noticed. I failed... I was harshly stopped with his hand gripping my arm tightly. I huffed...

"Ma'am you can't go that way..." he lets go of my arm, and it drops to my side.

"Right okay, but can I just... I'm picking up my friend and she hasn't come out and-" the man only looked down at me and shook his head.

"I'm sorry but you haven't gone through the security check and this way is only for people exiting planes so you can wait out here for your friend."

His voice was stern and he didn't take another look at me before walking back to his previous spot. I bite my lip frowning at him and walked back to the chairs. I reluctantly took a seat picking at my nails again.

Lia: Are you done? Have you come out yet?

My phone buzzed in my hands and I look down at it and frown. As much as I liked hearing from Tom this wasn't one of them. I debated replying but gave in anyway.

Tom: Hey sunshine have you picked up Beatrice yet?

Lia: Nope still waiting... she hasn't messaged me back :(

Tom: I'm sure she's fine the lines are probably just long <3

Lia: Yeah probably

Tom: Am I still seeing you tonight?

Lia: Not sure...

Tom: Okay don't worry about it. Message me when you get home.

Lia: Will do <3

I look around the airport hoping to see Bee somewhere in the crowd of people. Maybe she just got lost. I look out the big windows seeing planes taking off and blinking lights. After a minute or so I heard my name be called. I immediately turn my head around and see Bee standing there waving to me. A big smile makes its way on my face.

I hop off the chair and race over to her. Totally ignoring the guard who previously told me not to cross to the other side. I reach Bee and engulfed her in a big hug. Making her drop all her bags doing the same. We pulled away at the same time and Bee looked at me funny. She grabbed my face in her hands squishing my cheeks.

"What?" My voice was muffled a little

"Somethings different with you?!" She giggled a little examining my face. I rolled my eyes

"What do you mean?" I asked

"I don't know you're like glowing?" She laughed lightly. I raised a brow at her confused

"I'm sorry? I'm glowing?" She nodded

"No, I'm not what the hell are you talking about?" I swat her hands away from my face.

"Well not literally glowing... I mean something happened with you? Spill!" Bee picks up her bags and we walk over to my car.

"Nothing is going on? What are you going on about?"

"Well, obviously something happened when I was away I can just tell" I unlock the car and we go to the back. I open the trunk for her as she shoved her bags in. I held the trunk open trying to think of what Bee meant? Then it hit me...

"Tom asked me to be his girlfriend" Bee shoved her last bag in the trunk and turned to me with a big grin on her lips. She pulled me in for another hug. Much tighter than the one we shared before.

"Wow oh my god, Lia that's so exciting!" She squealed. I laughed and only nodded shutting the trunk closed.

"I guess but Jess is all in my head..." Bee looked at me confused as we walk to either end of the car and get in. I told Bee how Jess 'threatened' to ruin the ball and how
'I'm nothing more than a distraction to Tom'.

"Honestly she's just jealous you're happy" I hummed as I respond to her.

"I don't know Tom's been acting weird too?"

"How so?"

"He gets like jealous every time I hang out or talk to this one guy named Tyson..."

"That's kinda weird? Is he's jealous?" Bee asked, I shrugged

"That's what I thought but it's only with Tyson. Any other guy I talk to he's fine with... like when I talk to Nathan who helps me out with ball planning, Tom doesn't seem to mind at all?"

"Well yeah? Nathan's gay" Bee laughed at me. I turn my head to Bee for a moment to see if she was telling the truth.

"Wait really?"

"Yeah dude he came out like three months ago how did you not know?"

"I don't know that's cool though!" Bee nodded and continued to laugh at me. It was silent for a while. The radio played softly as I focused on the road. I felt Bee's eyes piercing on the side of my face and it got annoying.

"What Beatrice?!" She only shrugged with a sly smile on her face.

"Nothing you just seem happy that's all" I roll my eyes at her shaking my head.

"Are you happy Lia?" I sat quietly thinking about her question.

"Yeah, I'm happy!"