•22•

Over the past week, I've been avoiding Tom and Jess. Avoiding Jess was easy though. She stayed in the garden by herself or with Stacy. Which was fine with me because then I didn't have to see her face.

And if I did end up seeing her I'd probably end up punching her in the face. Tom on the other hand was a lot harder to avoid. I only actually saw him when I was at the hall doing my share of planning the ball.

He always seemed to be around the corner waiting for me but I easily distracted myself with the work I had to do. So when Tom managed to come over to me, I'd normally say 'I'm busy' or 'someone's calling me'.

He didn't seem to question it or ask me to stay when he approached me. Which I was thankful for because I wasn't in the mood to talk to him after my panic attack. But I was also upset about it. Why wasn't he trying harder to get me to stay? Does he not care?

I haven't had the gut to tell Tom I had a panic attack due to the words Jess had said to me. And the fact that Tyson was the one who helped me through it.

I didn't know how Tom would react to the news. So it's probably best if I just don't tell him until he tells me whatever it is he needs to tell me about Tyson or whatever it is...

It was a little easier to avoid Tom at school since we didn't have many classes together. But I would still get the occasional morning texts from him or messages asking if I wanted to get lunch with him.

To which I just ignore and eat my lunch in the bathroom... It's not like I haven't eaten my lunch in the bathroom before. It's almost like an odd second home.

I try my best to distract my mind from thinking about Tom. He was the only thing that I thought about. And it was so confusing. When I woke up the first thing that would come to my mind would be if he was thinking about me? Or when he messages me is he only messaging me out of pity?

I tried to push all of that to the back of my mind and thought about how Beatrice was coming in a week and how I'm almost done planning the ball.

After Jess had cancelled our flower orders I had to find a completely new florist company that was willing to gift us flowers in such a short amount of time.

Luckily me being the amazing person I am, I found one that was willing to give us flowers! So I didn't have to stress about that. I had now completed almost everything on my list.

Flowers. Check
Centrepieces. Check
Tables and chairs. Check
Food. Check

Now the only thing on my list was to find a dress to wear the ball. But I guess I don't have to stress too much till Bee comes.

I pull out a chair and slouch down in it. Admiring all the work everyone has done. It looks incredible and exactly how I pictured it. I guess my ball idea wasn't so bad after all.

"Hey, Lia?" Terri and Kylie walked over to me.

"Heys guys what's up?"

"We finished up the last of the stuff on the list you gave us anything else you need us to do?" Terri asked, I shook my head

"Nah you guys have done so much go home" I waved them off a smile on my face.

"We don't mind staying-" Kylie interjected

"It's all good I just gotta go over a few small things. Take the rest of the day off you guys earned it" They both nodded and say their thank you's and left. I sat in the quiet room by myself looking out the big widows seeing how the sun shines through the stained glass windows.

I pick up my clipboard looking over it one final time to make sure everything is set for the twenty-fourth. After a minute or so I hear footsteps and I lift my head slightly to see Tom in front of me.