•16•

I sat on my steps waiting for Tom to pick me up. I bobbed my leg up and down checking my phone over and over again. I pick my phone up from beside me checking the time again,

Eight o'clock turned to eight-thirty to eight forty-five. He isn't coming? Did he stand me up? Whatever.

I stood up placing my phone in my pocket tugging my backpack straps, starting to walk to school.

As I walked across the sidewalk kicking little pebbles and stepping on leaves a car slowly drives up next to me. I walk a little faster but the car window rolls down. I stop in my tracks my arms crossed.

"I'm sorry I'm so sorry Lia-" I stood there listening to Tom for a moment and then continued to walk ignoring him. Tom's car maintained a steady pace with my walking.

"Lia please-"

"I'm going to school leave me alone." I scoffed not even looking at him.

"Let me at least drive you to school then." He said. Persistent in his voice, I roll my eyes and walk a little faster. This boy is really starting to get on my nerves.

"I'm fine. Thank you"

"Get in the car come on" I stopped in my tracks and thought about it for a moment... Do I really wanna walk thirty minutes to get to school or get a ten-minute ride with him?... I huff out a breath. Tom stopped his car and I walk to the other of his car.

I open the door and take a seat. I see Tom smiling, I take off my bag placing it in between my legs.

"Shut up." I closed the car door. Looking straight ahead of me.

"I didn't say anything, sunshine." I roll my eyes and cross my arms.

"Just drive," I say. He hummed starting the car again. Tom turned on the radio and I hummed softly to it. We didn't talk, it was more so Tom talking and me ignoring him. As we drove Tom took a sharp turn. I whip my head towards him confused.

"You missed the turn?" I say

"I know" he kept his eyes focused on the road.

"This isn't the way to school Tom." He only ignored me. Turning the radio up more and tapped his finger to the beat of the song on the steering wheel. I narrow my eyes at him and turn the music down again,

"This is kidnapping..." I point my finger at him then crossed my arms. Tom chuckled but didn't say anything. I look away from Tom and out the window. We passed many trees and buildings.

Soon the car came to a stop. We stopped right in front of a big grass hill. Tom unbuckled his seat belt and turned to me.

"Come on" he opened his car door and left the vehicle. I sat there alone in the car. Did this boy really drive me twenty minutes away from school just to bring me to a hill?

"You're gonna kill me huh..." Tom smiled.

I decided to exit the car. Tom opened the car door for me. He extended his hand for me to take. I look at it and slap it away from me getting out myself. Closing the car door Tom started to climb the hill. He turned and look back at me halfway up...

"You coming?" I looked at him and cock a brow.

"It's nine something in the morning and you expect me to climb a hill? I shake my head. Tom makes his way back down to me. He takes my hand in his and drags me up the steep hill.

The moment we reached the top my jaw slightly drops. Although the view of the tiny road below us with the street lights lined up in rows was absolutely breathtaking that's not what caught my eye. There was a plaid blanket laid out on the grass with a picnic basket on top of it.