•14•

"Why do you even want my notebook?" I puffed out as we walked out of school.

"You got talent my love" I look at him for a brief moment then look away. Me? Talent. I mean they are just my doodles, not much talent there.

"Oh, thank you" he nodded smiling towards me.

"Still doesn't answer my question on why you wanted my notebook?"

"You'll see sunshine be patient" I groan as we continued to walk.

"Ok"

"Good girl" I bite my lip hard trying not to make a sound. As my stomach swirls and fills with butterflies.

"It'll be worth it I promise" he snaked an arm around my waist.

"It better be, after embarrassing myself in leadership for the hundredth time" I shake my head reliving the experience. Tom chuckled,

"You gotta admit it was pretty funny," he said through laughs. I shove him a little making him drop his hand that was on my lower back.

We reached the pizza place and Tom opened the door for me letting me walk in as he trailed along behind me.

As I walked in without hesitation my eyes scan the whole room. My mouth falls agape and my eyes widen. I look back at Tom who was standing there silently watching my every move.

I moved away from the entrance and walk over to the many new photo frames the restaurant has hung up that weren't here before. I run my hand over the carvings in the frames. Examining each picture.

I turn back around looking at Tom who was a little ways behind me.

"You did this?" He nodded and gave me a weak smile.

"This is why you wanted my notebook?" I let out an airy laugh not being able to think of words clearly. My mind was spinning I felt like I was in some crazy dream! Tom came up to me running a hand over a picture that was near me.

"I know I should have asked but I wanted to surprise you!" I look at Tom and back at the wall where all my drawings from my notebook hung in rows side by side.

I felt like crying and my heart was beating out of my chest. Honestly, I didn't know if I was sad or happy. It was all happening so fast. Seeing all my artwork hung out before my eyes was surreal.

"No- thank you I love it" I grab Tom roughly pulling him in my embrace for a hug. My face was buried in his neck and his arms hugged my sides. I realized I was hugging him for a little too long, and quickly pulled away embarrassed.

"Sorry," I said under my breath,

"Nah don't be sorry" he smiles, I let out a breath as he walked behind me.

"This one is my favourite" he pointed to one of my drawings that was in a different frame than the others. I walk over to Tom to inspect the drawing. It was one where I had drawn him.

I was bored in English class one day and Tom happened to be giving a presentation and I just drew him totally forgetting that I did. I blush looking at the drawing.

"That's supposed to be you" I look at Tom trying my best to read his facial expressions...

"I had a feeling! That's why it's my favourite" he grinned at me pulling me closer by my waist. My breath hitched. My eyes wandering his facial features as his did mine. His eyes crinkled a little when he smiled. He sure does smile a lot...

"You're very good at drawing" I felt his breath on my skin sending goosebumps down my arms.

"I mean they are just doodles-" he eyed me for a moment and I gulped,