•13•

I got up and got ready like usual heading out the door for another dreaded day at school. I walk up to the front of the school and stopped in my tracks just staring at it.

There was a part of me hoping Bee was gonna come out from around the corner like always but I knew she wasn't.

It broke my heart knowing I won't be attending school or hanging out with her anymore. Getting her advice or sarcastic comments when I didn't ask for them.

I let out a sigh and walk towards the school head hung low.

"Hey, sunshine!" I heard my name be called from the distance but didn't turn my head and continued to walk as I knew exactly who it was. Tom caught up to me walking by my side-eyeing my sad face.

"Hey, why so blue?" He lifted his hand to rest on my shoulders but I shrugged it off.

"Nothing I'm alright..." I walked a little faster feeling my nose starting to burn and my cheeks heat up.

"Lia you can talk to me ya know" Tom caught up with my pace once again as he reassured me with a soft voice. I keep my face straight ahead of me biting my lip.

"Beatrice moved" I stated plain and clear without tearing up. Which I might add I was very happy about but I still felt weird.

"I'm sorry, that must suck," he said, I nodded as he opened the school doors for me.

"Well, you've got me love-bug" I look back at him and raise a brow.

"That's a new one?" I let a small smile slip but my lips quickly go back to a line sucked in between my teeth.

"Hmm, you like it?" I eye him for a minute seeing a shit-eating grin on his face. I roll my eyes at him.

"No."

"Oh ok what about Snookums" he batted his lashes at me with his hands on his cheeks.

"Gross that's worse" 

"Maybe I should just stick to sunshine it suits you" I shake my head as we reach my locker.

I expected him to leave me at this point and go catch up with his friends since they had just pasted us, but he only waved to them and leaned against the lockers next to mine waiting while I grabbed my books.

"Got everything?" I nodded

"Let's go I'm walking you to class," he said to me, I narrow my eyes at him.

"Why?"

"Because I want to problem sunshine?" I shook my head hearing my nickname. I closed my locker and turn around starting to walk. Tom stayed where he was leaning against the locker watching me from afar.

"Coming?" I asked him looking over my shoulder. He nodded smiling, running up to my side once again.

The walk was short so we didn't talk much. We stopped a little before the doorway of my first class.

"Thanks," I say softly avoiding his eyes.

"No problem anytime time!" he lifted my chin to meet his gaze which made my stomach explode and my breath hitch?

He came close to my face his lips ghosting over mine. I thought he was going to kiss me with how close his face was next to mine.

"I'll see you after school hm" his breath smelt like mints. I took a step back feeling like I couldn't breathe. My mind was going crazy and I couldn't think straight.

"Oh and Mrs. Adams said there's a meeting today" Tom shrugged

"But it's Monday?" I looked at him puzzled