•17•

I got home after my date with Tom and my head felt like it was in the clouds. I felt like I was floating I couldn't be happier. I run up to my room flopping on my bed thinking about him. I couldn't get the smile off my face. That was until mum came and ruined that.

"Hey" she leaned against the door frame looking at me.

"Hi?" I answer back but it came out more of a question.

"So? You didn't go to school today?" She raised a brow at me? My eyes widen a little but I remain cool.

"Um, no I did." She shook her head at me.

"Why did I get a call from school saying you missed your first class?" I swallowed trying to think of a new lie to tell her.

"Uh, my friend was supposed to pick me up this morning but never showed so I had to walk there..." I pressed my lips in a line hoping she'd believe the lie.

"Oh, you could have just asked me to drop you off?"

"Sorry I didn't want to bother you." I shrug and she lightly laughed.

"Lia I'm your mom it's my job" I gave her a small smile and nodded

"Sorry"

"Don't stay up too late okay" I nodded my head and watched as she closed my bedroom door. I walked over to my bag and pull out my notebook. Although the ideas Tom and I came up with at the pizza place were ok, my head was filled to the brim with new ideas that just started flowing out as I wrote on the paper. After picking six different ideas I finally settle on one and now all I had to do was research and present. I emailed and called several different places and companies to get ready for tomorrow.

***
As I walk down the hall and closer to my locker I noticed someone standing by it. I smile to myself as I get closer to them.

"Hey, asshole!" Tom approached me closing the little space between us holding my chin up to look at him. Normally if he did I'd swat his hand away. But now I get a swarm of butterflies in my stomach.

"Ouch, you really can't think of a new nickname for me?" He laughed running his other hand across my jaw that makes my insides go crazy. I felt my words get caught in my throat so I just shook my head and smiled.

"Ok, sunshine call me whatever you want" Tom took my hand in his and we started walking. I then stop in my tracks forgetting why I came to my locker in the first place. Tom looked at me raising a brow.

"I need to get my books" I laugh removing my hand from his going back to my locker. He followed close behind me. His breath tickling my neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist. Is he always this affectionate? Tom had asked me something but I was so zoned out thinking about his touch on me I missed it.

"Something on your mind love?" He teased

"No" he hummed lowly in my ear. This boy will be the death of me.

"Got your stuff?" He asked as I finished closing my locker. I nodded and he walked me to my next class.

"So you ready to present in leadership?" We stopped in front of my next class and shuffled off to the side so we weren't blocking the doorway for other people.

"Yep! No offence but the ideas we came up with a couple of days ago were good but I totally scratched them and made a new concept! That I think will blow everyone away-" I realized I was rambling and stopped talking. Tom had a smile on his face as he watched me talk.

"What?" I asked

"Nothing, it's just I could honestly listen to you talk all day" he gave me a cheesy smile and slowly leaned in. As he tried to kiss me I backed up and gave a cheeky smile back. Tom shook his head.

"You're such a tease... ya know that" he licked his lip and stood up straight.

"You're such a liar"

"A liar is one thing I'm not sunshine"

"I'll see you in leadership" I turn on my feet and walk into class.

***
"Ok guys Lia is gonna present her ideas for the ball in just a minute we're waiting on some more students" Tom and I walk into the wreck room and take our seats in the back where we always sit. I nodded my head at Mrs. Adams. I pull out my notebook from my bag to prepare. My hands started to shake as I flipped through my pages trying to memorize some stuff before I present. Tom noticed and grabbed my hands catching my attention. I turn my head to look at him.

"Relax Lia, you're gonna do great!" I blew out a breath relaxing in my chair. As Tom squeezed my hands under the table again.

"Ok everyone's here! Lia, you ready?" Mrs. Adams ask.

"As I'll ever be..." I swallowed hard standing up out of my chair. Releasing Tom's grip on my hands. I walk to the front of the room gripping my notebook extremely tight.

"Um ok..." I open my notebook placing it on the table in front of me. Ignoring all the eyes on me at the moment.

"Start whenever you're ready" Mrs. Adams said taking a seat near her office.

"There's a hall down on 24th street closing soon so it's extremely cheap so I thought we could book it for the ball. It has the same theme we're going for. There's a flower shop that I've called that's willing to give us bouquets of flowers for decoration also for half the price. And I've been doing a lot of research and I think our ball should be a masquerade ball" I stopped talking and looked up. Everyone was silent... Oh god, this was a bad idea. Mrs. Adams immediately jumped out of her chair clapping her hands with a thrilled expression on her face.

"Lia you have gone above and beyond I am so impressed! We can go through all the minor details later!"

"Ok" I whispered closing my notebook

"A masquerade ball what an excellent idea!" Mrs. Adams praised me as I made my way back to my seat again. I sat down and Tom smiled at me as he rested his hand on my thigh squeezing it lightly.

"A masquerade ball huh?" Tom cocked a brow at me amused. I smiled and nodded.

"I'd love to see you in a beautiful gown..." he came closer to my ear moving my hair out of the way making sure I could hear him clearly.

"Maybe even wearing nothing at all." I tense up at his words. He moved away from my ear and his hand continued to crept up my thigh slowly. I didn't know what to say. How do you even respond to that? So I sat in my chair quietly not uttering a single word till the meeting finished and rushed home.