•5•

Tom's POV
"Hey man," I walked up to Dan and some other guys wanting to catch up.

"Hey! Tom" Dan slapped my back as the other guys laughed.

"Yo did you see the new girl who joined?! She's sitting in the back" Will said pointing to the new girl who was looking through her bag.

"Freak" James and Will said together. My jaw clenched and my fist tightened... How could they talk about her like that? They didn't even know her... Dan grabbed my arm and looked at me concerned.

"Hey? You ok?"

"Don't talk bout her like that" I sternly said to them. Will and James's eyes widen and they step back a little in fear. Good, I'm glad they are scared they shouldn't even be looking at her...

"Tom come on it was a joke," Will said. I look back at the table where she was at. But see she's wasn't there. I turned around without saying a thing and left to go find her.

I wander the halls looking for her. After a while I found her sitting in a corner where she always is, reading. It's not stalking, right? I mean I'm aimlessly wandering the halls and happen to see her. I'm fine it's fine. Ok, say something anything Oh. My. God.

"Hey" it was quiet no response. Maybe she didn't hear me? Oh god, what do I do?

"I thought I'd find you here," Shit. I probably shouldn't have said that. She closes her book and quirks a brow at me...

"Seems I have a stalker? Creep much?" She crossed her legs starting up at me as a small smile crossed her face. She has a really pretty smile she should wear it more often.

We talked for a couple of minutes before I made the bold move of asking her for pizza. I don't even know why I asked when I was positive she was going to say no.

"I'm only going cuz your paying alright" I felt a big smile form on my face. I offered my hand to help her up and she whacked it out of the way. I rubbed my hand a little from the pain.

Our walk to the pizza place was quiet I wanted to say so much to her but I just didn't know how. She's a special one I know it. She kinda drives me crazy and I love it.

When we got to the pizza place I opened the door for her. She rolled her eyes at me. "I can open the door for myself thanks." she sneered at me.

I looked at her for a moment before she finally thanked me and walked in. Lia went to pick a table as I walk up to order our food.

"Hey Jay, can I get any everything pizza but with no mushrooms and two ice teas" the guy behind the counter looked at me funny

"But the mushrooms are your favourite?" I smile

"Ya I know but it's not hers" I point to Lia who pulled out her book and was reading at the table.

"Ah I see, you got a girl congrats man" he cheered me on

"Aha, not my girl yet!" I laughed a little, Jay hands me the two ice teas and tells me it'll be a few till the pizza's ready. I thank him and walk over to her. I hand her, her ice tea. I really wanna get to know this girl. Then I realize I don't even know her name.

"So does miss sunshine have a name?" I ask.

"Dahlia but you can call me Lia" I wanted to tell her her name was as beautiful as her but I had a feeling she'd probably leave if I actually said that.

"Cute" I smile at her. We chatted a little longer.

"Your quite an intriguing one Dahlia," I told her, she raised her brows at me.

"Lia" she didn't smile. She kinda scared me if I'm being honest.

"I'm honestly surprised you decided to come here with me?" I mostly asked myself. She laughed a little making me smile as I watched her swirl her straw and stare down at her drink.

"Don't get me wrong your great and everything but I only came for free pizza" I mean fair enough, I lean back in my seat. She laughed a little but it came out more as snort. She quickly covered her hand over her mouth. I wanted to toy with her a little. Messing with her is too fun.

"You got a nice laugh sunshine" she looked me dead in the eyes.

"You tell anyone I'll kill you." I suppress a laugh but I realized she wasn't kidding and I stopped laughing which made her smile.

"So? I guess you could say this is a date!" I said cockily with a grin sipping my drink. She kinda gave me a death stare before answering.

"In your dreams" she scoffed, I turned my head when I heard the bells on the door chime. My eyes widen when I noticed Jess walking in and towards us. She noticed me right away and waved to me. I quickly avert my eyes away from hers.

"Hi! Fancy seeing you here sugar!" Jess said as she smirked at me.

"It's a common pizza place dude?" Lia snapped at Jess. I bit back my laugh as I look at Lia. Jess then slides into the booth next to me. Constantly touching my arms and shoulder. I roll my eyes.

"What are you doing here with 'her' Tommy?!" Jess says loud enough so Lia could hear as she runs her hand through my hair. I grab her hand trying to stop her.

"Right so I'll leave you and your girlfriend to it" I stare at Lia with pleading eyes trying to get her to stay. She looked away avoiding my gaze on her.

"Glad to see you know your place..." Jess smiled at Lia.

"She's not my-" I pushed Jess off me but before I could finish my sentence I look up to see Lia up and out the door.

"What the hell!" Jess screams, I run my hands over my face.

"Jess we're over." I look over to her pouting her lip at me.

"Aw come on baby that's what we always say!" Jess scoots closer to me leaning forwards trying to kiss me. I place my hand over her face pushing her back. She whacked my hand out of the way and scoffed pulling out a mirror to see if I ruined her makeup. I groan...

"We're not doing this. You gotta stop Jess" I looked at her as she looked back and narrowed her eyes at me.

"It's her isn't it..." I stay silent sipping my drink

"What to do even see in her she's a NOBODY TOM..."

"She's not a nobody..." Jess grabs her bag and stands up.

"She's doesn't even care about you Tom, she's just hanging out with you till isn't not convenient for her anymore and your gonna come running back to me." Jess flipped her hair and left.

I know for a fact I won't ever be running back to her again. I thought I was getting somewhere with Lia. Until Jess had to come and ruin it... I was left sitting in the pizza place alone, until Jay comes and hands me the boxed pizza.

"Girl troubles?" He asked

"You don't know the half of it" I sigh grabbing the pizza box I turn to grab my keys when I see Lia's book there just laying on the table. This is the perfect chance to go and talk to her again. I grab the book and place it on top of the pizza box and leave.

Lia's POV
I walk out of the pizza place not even looking back. That was until I realized I forgot my book. I groaned wanting to smash my head into a wall.

How is it possible to lose two books in one day? Whatever I'll get it back... eventually or I'll just pay the library. I continue walking down the street texting my mom telling her she doesn't need to pick me up and that I'm walking home.

I kicked a pebble that was on the ground... He thought it was a date? I mean was it a date? I didn't even know we were friends? Does he like me... How is that possible we just met.

Not really though I've noticed him throughout the school. I wouldn't say it's a crush more like if someone asked me if I found him attractive I wouldn't disagree with them. But I doubt the feelings mutual. I didn't even get any free pizza... bummer I really wanted some.